1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Yup. Korea is Just as OP as it Was in the Past

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MarigoldRan, Apr 23, 2019.

1. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

1. Get Writing.
    2. Build their +4 science half cost campuses.
    3. Get Recorded History.
    4. Tech to Gunpowder.
    5. Build Hwachas in Classical Era.
    6. Crush everyone in Medieval and Renaissance.

wildlumberjack likes this.
  2. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

But... but... free roads & terrace farms :D

3. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Warlord

Unless "Everybody in the Medieval and Renaissance" includes Matt the Hungarian with 2 - 3 Levied City States and the Black Army, or Suleiman, Janissaries, and All The Bombards In The World.

4. The googles do nothing

The googles do nothing Chieftain

How many people actually play Korea? I never have. I would rather just turn down the difficulty.

The are S tier in the parlance of our time. Hungry may not have CS and ottomans may not get to jaaisassassary

I do like playing against the because of the challenge. And the science pillaging

5. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

Korea is one of the most banned civ in multiplayer. I do allow him, just for the challenge. :)

6. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

The reason is because by the time you want to attack them, they already have Hwachas.

7. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

A single encampment on a mountain choke point (protected by rough terrain so you can only fire at the encampment from the tile next to it) ruins any invasion attempt even if she has early hwachas. Inca is a nightmare to invade.

Boris Gudenuf likes this.
  8. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

And with tunnels, it means Inca can use them for offense, so they have all the initiative. You have a hard time attacking them, but they can just move around like it's not there.

9. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

But the Incans are going to have a hard trouble attacking the Koreans, too since the Koreans can just turtle on Hwachas and walls. And, yes, the Koreans can potentially get Hwachas in the Classical Age.

And Korean tech will always go faster than Incan tech. That means they'll get to nukes faster.

10. Weraptor

Weraptor Chieftain

Hwachas are inconvenient on offense, their malus combined with fairly low meelee strength make them a good target for enemy knights and promoted coursers.

11. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

In SP, it doesn't matter. In MP, Hwachas are great for turtling.

12. Weraptor

Weraptor Chieftain

Yes, they are great for turtling. And that's about it.

13. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

But Korea is a better turtle civ than the Incans. Faster tech and all.

14. Furycrab

Furycrab Chieftain

I kinda wish they would add one or two features that make regular campuses more juicy. They added one in GS, but ironically you generally find geothermals near mountains so it just made the early game Campus variance higher.

It wouldn't nearly be as big a deal if like you could reliably get at least a +2 campus every game.

15. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Warlord

Faster Tech for whom? Nestled in their mountains, I have yet to see an Incan Campus with less than a +4 Adjacency Bonus, and I've seen several with +5 nestled in a cul-de-sac of surrounding mountains. And if the Hwacha is a 'great turtle' Unit, try attacking the Incan UU when it's on defense in a 1-tile mountain pass with a steady 2 ranged attacks per unit per turn. Leaving aside the additional problem that the Incans can move through the mountains for the first 2/3 of the game when no one else can, in a 'knot' of mountains they can be nearly impregnable until airpower and/or Artillery allow you to pound them from a distance - and then you better get to airpower and artillery before they do!

16. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

The irony is that I was the guy who was telling everyone how insanely powerful the Inca was when GS first came out.

Boris Gudenuf likes this.
  17. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

I just figured you were 12-13 and jump to the next shiny thing.

Moderator Action: Please discuss the topic and not other members. leif
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2019
  18. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

Hwachas suck. The super-science civ would be better off with Field Cannons, which they would get earlier than everyone.

As for fighting the Incas...just use their tunnels against them.

19. Weraptor

Weraptor Chieftain

I still ain't convinced that Incas are all that great. They are solid, but not great. On a side note, Korean Seowons shouldn't really benefit from Natural History and the adjacency half of Rationalism - after all, they have a stable bonus which doesn't depend on any adjacency (unless you are counting the negative adjacency ofc)

Socrates99 likes this.
  20. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

The Koreans get to steel really quickly, too.

And no, they would not be better with Field Cannons. Field Cannons take longer to get to, AND Hwachas are just as good on defense.