1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Yuufo cant connect to game

Discussion in 'Civ4 -ISDG 2012' started by Magno_uy, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

Any new idea ?

1. you are using a PC, not a Mac, yea?

2. Yuufo

Yuufo Chieftain

Yes, a PC with Win7

3. kjnoren

kjnoren Warlord

I could login right now.

It might be that both you and some other person that is already logging in are both running firewall software blocking ports. People more familiar with Pitboss know this better, but AFAIK any connection with the Pitboss game includes not only a connection with the server, but to every other computer currently connecting to the same Pitboss game.

If both you and the other computer runs firewalls blocking incoming connections, this can cause connection troubles.

4. Yuufo

Yuufo Chieftain

The crashes also occur when no one else is in the game (I check Civstats).
    Moreover, I play in many other pitboss games, without any problem (but without any MOD ;) )

5. Moineau

Moineau Chieftain

Gona try to help him, i guess in french could be easier.

Sound like a mod installation prob.

6. Yuufo

Yuufo Chieftain

Hey,

seems it is OK now...
    I moved the MyDoc mod folder one step higher and it doesn't crash anymore.

Thanks to all,
    Yuufo

7. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

8. Yuufo

Yuufo Chieftain

Not over... :(

I now have the PW for our civ, and I entered it.
    The game save gets loaded, but instead of coming into the game the game gets closed.
    There is a 2-line message that gets displayed for a very short amount of time.
    I couldn't read it totally, but some words were "The save file... has been protected to ensure..."

Still no access to the game :(

9. Inao

Inao Chieftain

It usually means that the game consider that your version of BtS was modified and to prevent cheat it's forbid access to the pitboss game. This may result of the usage of graphic customization pack.
    In french (parce que bon, entre français, autant l'utiliser) : le jeu semble considérer qu'il a été modifié et interdit l'accès à la partie pour éviter de la triche. Cela peut être du à l'utilisation d'un pack de personalisation graphique.

10. Yuufo

Yuufo Chieftain

I have no such things.
    What should I do?

11. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

It may also do this if you have the BUG mod in the My Documents/.../ custom assets folder, or if you have been using an unofficial patch .dll file.

12. Zagorn

Zagorn Chieftain

Fake

Turn off the MOD "always win" :D
    Dixit Konrad :"Cheater"

13. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

hmm.. try making a new fresh new instalation of you BTS folder... just in case.

14. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I had the very same problem with a mod - "mod asset .... The save file... has been protected to ensure... blah blah blah" I tried everything and only were able to join the game after fresh reinstall of Windows.

In WPC site there were two guys who managed to solve the very same problem without reinstalling Windows, but did not said how. Anyway, look up for A Call To Arms pitboss game organization thread over at www.weplayciv.com - it is somewhere there - Viking I thing had this problem and managed to solve it.

15. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Make sure the mod files are not present in both the BTS folder and the folder in My Games. That seems to create some kind of conflict. The best place is in the BTS folder directly in my experience.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

16. Yuufo

Yuufo Chieftain

Thanks! it works now :)

17. Magno_uy

Magno_uy Warlord

18. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Sorry for gravedigging this thread, but I thought it might be helpful to folks if somebody consolidated the collected fixes for this problem as a lot of people seem to encounter it.

Again, this is for people who get a crash to desktop (CTD) when they load a multiplayer game with a Mod installed. An error message quickly flashes, too fast to read that says "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed"

19. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

My problem in trying to connect to the game is for some reason it is not recognising WebMod 1.0 and every time it tries to enter the game it says that I need to have it loaded when I have started in that mod. I have the mod in the proper spot, so what could be the problem?