1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Zaab Spicey 2020-01-21

Civilization 6 Vanilla enhancements and optimizations. New Units and Reorganizations of Unit List

1. Lonecat Nekophrodite

Lonecat Nekophrodite King

Lonecat Nekophrodite submitted a new resource:

Zaab Spicey - Civilization 6 Vanilla enhancements and optimizations. New Units and Reorganizations of Unit List

Read more about this resource...

2. Lonecat Nekophrodite

Lonecat Nekophrodite King

Author's note:
    1. This Zaab Spicey Mod was once named Vanilla Zaab, the name was changed however due to apparently unsolvable bugs and errors, bugs and errors that partially due to my entry level skills caused errors at coding level and ArtDefs. And the other parts due to most recent SDK modbuddy kit which became rather faulty and the crew has not fixed certain problems yet. and it's problems many modders in this forum whines. The other reason was that the future versions will be compatible with expansions. Rightnow some units are ported from RF expansions as I see fit to expand Vanilla gameplay. Also many new units are added throughout the course of the game. And Discussions on this forum had drawn conclusions to reorganize unit lists so that Bombards will appear in Late Medieval rather than Renaissance. and Redcoats will replace Anticavalry class (which actually formed backbone of any army, while 'melee' were more or less elite units (excepts Warriors and Infantry).
    and it took some 5-6 months JUST to finish this version. well hopefully the next one will be released faster.
    2. Also existing units are reshaped to reflect more historical or hypothetical appearances. Not every civs shown up in every era y'know? Greeks and Romans didn't survive into Renaissance and Industrial Era unconquered so uniforms or wargear of successor states had to be researched, or... 'use personal imaginations'. But this is what I can do for now
    3. No new class and abilities are added. YET, Also no changes on naval units. This is a plan for next version that navy will earn attentions as one new class will be added. This because Frigates as Devteam saw was NOT the same as Ships of the Line (Frigates are faster but slightly weaker), nor should (dreadnough) battleship be the successor.
    I've yet to think of the class name. Should it be 'Battleship' or 'Linear Ship'?

Credits
    Civfanatics Members: Deliverator, Laurana Kanan, LeeS, Boris Gudenuf, ShirotoraRyu

Without them this mod will not even come to exists.