1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Zachriel?(or anyone)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Amorphus, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Amorphus

Amorphus I'm a ninja

I found this site today www.zachriel.com and I must say the games are fun to read about but theres not enough tips to help newbies like me :)

Anyways, in some of your games(I read a few, but I'll just use the Zulu game) you seem to advance very fast. You have tanks by 1685AD, while in my current rome game I'm in 1630AD and my best unit is calvery

I was really just wondering, how do you do this so fast? Accelerated production option? Skill??

Anyways, thanks in advance.[dance]

2. DiamondzAndGunz

DiamondzAndGunz Lurking

On higher difficulties, the tech advances really fast. You can be in the modern age by the 1400's if you really try and trade ferociously. One of the things you can do to speed things up is trade/give techs to the AI, so they can all team up and research faster.

Of course, Accelerated Production also helps speed things up for those who play with it on.

3. lord42

lord42 Chieftain

Waiting for moderator................ LOL
    And accelerated production does help.

4. BillChin

BillChin Chieftain

It is skill. Study the opening moves of the best players by examining the log files at:

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/qsc/qsc15/index.shtml

Learn how to efficiently play the first 80 turns of a game. Practice the early game until it becomes second nature, and then work on the mid-game. The end-game is usually mop up action.
    + Bill

5. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Sites like that are ok if you're just posting it for the benefit of everyone else. It's more of a strategy though, so I'll move it to that forum.

6. Zachriel

Zachriel Kaiser

I'll second BillChin's motion. :) The first moves of the game are of paramount importance. If you can gain an advantage early, this will usually carry you forward into the latter Ages of the game. The Quick Start Challenge is a great place to start.

http://www.zachriel.com/

(Glad you enjoyed the read, Amorphus. Keep at it! You came to the right place - Civfanatics .)