ZE REVOLU-CHI-ON!!! American Independence War (extreme beta)

Do you like the Unit Strength Idea (read thread for details)

• Yeah GREAT IDEA

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Interesting....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • well I wont judge until Ive played it

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • wat? this is insanity!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • +sigh+ If only we could group units....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

one_man_assault

Dir-tay Uno
==========================================================
THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR BETA v1.0 USING TRIPS EAST COAST MAP! (THANKS TRIP!)
==========================================================
Compiled by: One_man_assault/Flame
----------------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS
---------------------------------------------------
Copy Revolution.bic into your civ3 scenario directory within the civ3 folder. copy the units (From the units folder in the zip) from both Revolution.zip and Revolution2.zip to the units folder in the civ3 folder. Then copy Pediacons.txt into the text directory within the civ3 folder. Start up and play, REPORT ANY GAMEPLAY ERRORS OR COMMENTS ONTO THE BOARD!

copying any of theese files will not interfere with your regular game

Revolution part one

Revolution part two

Features
++++++++++++++

unit strengths

1,000 Riflemen (standard rifleman)
10,000 Riflemen
25,000 Riflemen
100 cannons
500 cannons
++++++++++++++
Special Units
++++++++++++++
Man-O-War(British)
Minute Men-(Americans)

(PLANNING)Redcoats to replace riflemen in next version for England
++++++++++++++

This is a very crude scenario at this point. But the only reason I posted it up on the board was to ask if u think my idea of unit strengths is good for gameplay. I implemented it so the player would have to think more about there actions like do I really want to attack that 10,000 Riflemen with an army of 3 1,000 riflemen? Heres why I choose it

Ups
--------
1. Not all battles were fought with an even amount of troops (one on one)
2. It would make the light numbered troops more faster and mobile but cause less damage and have more heavy slower troops.
3. Force player to overpower and out manover opponents.
4. It also opens up a variety of flexibility in having a various number of troops handeling certian jobs.
5. No clutter of having 50 men running around (welll maybe)

Downs
-------
1.TROOP STRENGTHS REMAIN THE SAME. This is the one that bugs me alot, no matter if ur down to one hp on your 50,000 riflemen he still has the fire power of a 50,000 riflemen at full hp when he should only have the fire power of a 10,000 riflemen. I doubt this will ever be fixed =(
2. In terms of realism numbers dont always meen u win, superior training and equipment are usually key to victory.
----------------------------------------------------------------
welp if dat dont work then Ill just stick to the original.

by the way some citys might not be in the right place if u see a city that seems outa place post it. or if u see a city that was occupied by a diffrent side post it also. I tried to balance troops and stuff so I added the powerful units opposite of each other. ENJOY!

come see my FUTURE SCENARIO COMPLETE WITH MECHS!
FUTURE SCENARIO

you should wait on this till your Future Scenario is near perfection. Cause if you want this to be a good scenario, you should go through and change almost everything, even deleting some units. If you need i can help you with city plaecment and battles cause i am a Revolution expert, almost. I also went to Virginia for a week in April and visited ,Yorktown and Jamestown, Williamsburg and Washington, D.C. Also can you post some more pics in you future scenario thread, those are kool.

I am using Trips map oh yeah but the way thanks Trip. Washington DC didnt exist in the begening of the war did it?
Im working like a maniac on the Future sen I'll try to
squeeze more pics out :)

Hehe, no problem, that's what I made the map for. :)

You might want to wait for a 'Smoothbore Musket' unit, aka 'Revolutionary Musketman' in the unit section, I believe that it's a unit in progress. I'm going to use that for my (future) Napoleonic Wars scenario, so I think it might be a good idea to wait. :) Those redcoats don't look very historically accurate. ;)

hey its all I had to work with and plus its in the early beta stage

no DC didnt exist until after the revolution (at the time it was still a wilderness area actually). It sounded as if you made the numbers even on the scen. The US had far less troops. i would suggest askin civanator to help u with start positions for units as well as unit strengths

I know that the US didnt have as much troops I just added the same amout for gameplay porposes. Maybe I should decrease the numbers in some area but make it so they can draft minute men where as the british cant draft anything

Originally posted by one_man_assault
I know that the US didnt have as much troops I just added the same amout for gameplay porposes. Maybe I should decrease the numbers in some area but make it so they can draft minute men where as the british cant draft anything
That's a good idea. :)
You do need to represent the differing troop numbers though... that's part of what makes a scenario a scenario. We're not talking about a total wipe-out here, but the odds were very heavily stacked against the US, but they still won. That should be part of the challenge of playing the Revolutionaries... they have to overcome a lot of problems to succeed. Of course, that makes for a pretty easy game for a human-controlled Britain, but I suppose that's just the way the ball bounces. ;)

Hey i was just thinking about this scn. today and i wondered why you had such units as the 10,000 riflemen and so on if you want to be really historic why dont you just name them 100 riflemen 1000 riflemen and maybe a powerful and expensive 10000 riflemen the reson is that the troop strength in the revolutionary war was very low compared to other wars..even at the very end when the Continental army was at its biggest i beleive it ONLY had about 15 thousand.. So maybe you would want to make the #'s smaller, just a thought...:confused:

Ill reaserch into it a bit more, thanks for the constructive critisism

But besides that i did enjoy the scn for it being in its beta stages.. keep up the good work!:goodjob:

Im glad to see u liked it :)

I just wish artillery could somehow be better. Bombardment doesn't work as much as I wish it did. Artillery is truly a great weapon, but..."Bombardment Ineffective" sucks to see.

WHOOHOO with Dark sheer and SMs units I can now update this to its final version expect it to come out Sept 20

sept 20th has came and gone:( .But i still can't wait till this one is done. loved your future sce:love:

my bad Im real sorry but my school work is interfearin wit dis, I will update on Fall break Oct 19 or somin like that :)

Originally posted by IwoJima44
Hey i was just thinking about this scn. today and i wondered why you had such units as the 10,000 riflemen and so on if you want to be really historic why dont you just name them 100 riflemen 1000 riflemen and maybe a powerful and expensive 10000 riflemen the reson is that the troop strength in the revolutionary war was very low compared to other wars..even at the very end when the Continental army was at its biggest i beleive it ONLY had about 15 thousand.. So maybe you would want to make the #'s smaller, just a thought...:confused:

I tend to agree here, even the British didn't have much more than 25,000 at one time.

500 cannons I think is seriously a bit much. This many cannons weren't even used in the American Civil War or the Franco-Prussian War of 1871 in a battle. maybe 25 and 100 would be more realistic.

Washington DC didn't really exist till the late 1790's. It became the capital in 1800.

Top Bottom