1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Zealotry

Discussion in 'General Balance' started by PapaRockett, Mar 18, 2017.

1. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Chieftain

Such a guilty pleasure of a religious belief. I can't find any argument to make it feel balanced. If you have a lot of faith, you can instantly fill your unit supply just from faith alone, and you never have a faith deficit. I think it's an absurd advantage over the AI. If you have another opinion please fill me in, but I think it should work differently (maybe just a discount on gold purchase for units, or production?

2. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

I thought like a few months ago everyone agreed it was awful (even with the bonus strategic resources) and it hasn't changed since. I think its pretty good but a long way from overpowered. If its too strong just increase how much faith the units cost.

Many enhancer beliefs are extremely good in the right situation. Pacifism can basically give infinite happiness. You do have limited faith so taking it means you probably either didn't take any religious buildings, building few missionaries, or you aren't buying very many units.

Bromar1, Gokudo01 and PapaRockett like this.
  3. peterw1987

peterw1987 Chieftain

Zealotry only problem is no purchase limit in 1 turn. You can immediately buy 5 bowman in one city which you cannot do with gold. But you need a lot of faith generator to make use of this. And you cannot save too many faith because it will turn into great prophet.

For strategic bonus resources, it kinda depends on your city surrounding. It is quite often that you will only end up with 1 iron or 1 horse tile in 5 cities.

PapaRockett likes this.
  4. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Zealotry feels really good in the role it's intended to serve and bad in others. I think it's fine.

Bromar1 likes this.
  5. StugLife

StugLife Chieftain

If you ask me, the strategy resource bonus would fit social policies better. Perhaps in imperialism.

Rowger likes this.