Zebra Raider

ShiroKobbure

Still modding Civ3
This is a simple unit, it took less than a day to make. Thanks to Utah for releasing his horseman setup. And SoG for the Pallettes.

Unit:http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/ZebraRaider.zip

Note: This unit is game tested. Best works with the sounds from Ancient Calvery

Yeee haw, looks like a riot!

Shiro, you are making many people happy. I hope that gratifies you as well!

So presumably, like Dom Pedro II's unit, the idea is that this is a fictional unit with a horse painted to look like a zebra? Because, of course, zebras can't be domesticated.

Looks really good, though. Very violent attack!

Plotinus said:
So presumably, like Dom Pedro II's unit, the idea is that this is a fictional unit with a horse painted to look like a zebra? Because, of course, zebras can't be domesticated.

Looks really good, though. Very violent attack!

Don't get Shiro started on Zebra domestication...

Wow, that looks really good, Shiro. Nice job. Like Plotinus said, "Very violent attack!" :)

One thing I noticed is that in the victory animation, the rider's left hand moves away from the zebra's neck. If this was on purpose, I would suggest increasing the movement so that it really looks intentional. Of course, I wouldn't redo this unit just because of that--just something to keep in mind for your next unit.

Why wouldn`t you be able to domesticate a zebra? Its a friggin` wild horse...
I`m sure men of ancient times got their butts kicked and faces bitten off by nice, pretty, "Barbie`s school of riding" horsies too, but that didn`t stop them now did it? ;)

Great unit Shiro! And its so nice you are joining forces with SoG, I see many, many, many (from Police Academy :)) new units on the horizon.

[Stormrage] No, zebras just have much more unpredictable temperaments than horses - this is why African armies did not, as rule, field zebra-riding cavalry. Which is a shame, as it would have looked very cool, as this unit amply demonstrates!

ShiroKobbure said:
Civ 3 creation is getting a 2nd birth
Amen to that resurrection!!

I say the "Second Coming of Civ Three Creation" actually started a while ago, about december, maybe. But its still going.

And this is sweet.

Top Bottom