1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ziggurats revisited

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Arent11, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Arent11

Arent11 Chieftain

So, since population science & some policy cards have been nerfed, alternative sources of science become more interesting. I experimented a little with just growing my cities - building granaries & aquaeducts instead of campuses & using the additional population to work ziggurats. It seems to work quite nicely, it allows you to concentrate on beelining military units.

Because of the city state/adjacency bonuses this might also be combined with a few well placed campuses. But it seems like a steep investment.

Just wanted to ask whether someone tried a similar approach?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. Melchizedek

Melchizedek Chieftain

Ziggurats provide more than enough science for the early game, allowing Sumeria to play with an extra district for a couple of eras. The extra culture is also amazing, and helps make up for the culture from districts policy that was moved to a golden age bonus. With more incentive to grow, and therefore work more tiles, in R&F, Sumeria gets a boost. War Carts are also fast enough that you can conquer a neighbor. The only thing Sumeria has lost is the ability to conquer at a long distance from home.

3. Esperr

Esperr Chieftain

Zigs+carts rush knights. Use extra citys for campi=GG. The zig has always been pretty good.

Japper007 likes this.
  4. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Chieftain

I was under the impression that monuments add +2 culture as long as your city has full loyalty. Isn't that true?

5. Setis

Setis Chieftain

No, now they provide +1 loyalty, or +1 culture if you're at full loyalty.

6. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Chieftain

Makes shrines with the early +2 culture founder belief even better. Why even bother building a monument then.

Arent11 likes this.
  7. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Chieftain

I've just checked again. Monuments do add +2 culture unless I'm misreading something. In my 2nd city I only have a monument and it says +1 culture from monument, +1 from modifier and rest from population. My 3rd city with a monument says +1 from monument but is missing the +1 modifier because loyalty is at 50/100.

Arent11 likes this.
  8. Arent11

Arent11 Chieftain

Thanks for pointing that out. I just checked with rome vs korea & it seems you are right. The description in the civ wikia/civilopedia was misleading.

I removed the sentence in question.