Zoc?

ahenobarb

Warlord
What's going on with the Zone of Control (ZOC)? I know not all units have one, but even my cavalry don't seem to have one.

Example: a line of mountains separating my land from the greeks. Built several fortress on the mountain tops and placed cavalry, riflemen and cannons in them (3 in each fortress, there are 3 fortresses). However the greeks just walk around them. Shouldn't they have to stop to take care of the cavalry?

Also, I think it would be cool, if the range of your cannons increased by one if you put them on mountain tops.

Read the readme, it states that ZOC might just be broken.
THen again, my fortresses never gave me ZOC.. then again, they're hardly ever approached either. My panzers obviously have a ZOC.. they shell damn near anything that moves.
Conclusion? Heck, dont have a clue really..
Anybody else any ideas?

-Ranges

This is nuts! I always had problems with ZOCs in Civ II, but now without them its worse. To keep my "allies" from crossing my borders with about 40 useless units (Hoplites I believe, when I am already producing cavalry and riflemen) I have had to station half my army on the mountain tops to keep them out. And they slip through the cracks too! You have to set your units up, like this:

XXX
ooXX
oooX
oooX
ooXX
XXX

With the Xs being units and the o's empty territory. They won't attack me we're allied, they just walk down the line and find a crack and start swarming like ants. So, I finally decided this was stupid and declared war on the Greeks. There goes my international standing, and I was playing a culture strategy!:mad:

Suggestion for the next version, or for someone with some super mod-pack skills: Allow fortresses and cities to have ZOCs, instead of units. This will address the absurdities from Civ 2, without creating new ones in Civ 3.;)

Top Bottom