Zojoji: What should that pre-build be?

Ashburnham

King
Well, the title pretty much says it all. Unless we want to build a new palace in Zojoji, we're going to have to decide what Wonder we want.

The choices are..

Sistine Chapel. It's being built by pretty much every other civ in the game; not much chance we'll get it.
Leonardo's Workshop. A good Wonder, a favorite of the military crowd. It's being built by Babylon and the Zulu, so there's a bit of competition.
Copernicus' Observatory. An excellent commercial Wonder, which is nice because Zojoji has a lot of commerce.
Magellan's Voyage. We're still a few techs away from getting this one, but if we get Navigation in time this is a very useful Wonder.
Sun Tzu's Art of War. There's no real chance of getting this, but it's on the list for the sake of completeness.
JS Bach's Cathedral. A great Wonder, but we need to research Music Theory for it and I'm not sure how likely that is.
Shakespeare's Theater. Not a very good Wonder, and we'd need Free Artistry for it.
Newton's University. An excellent Wonder, but whether we can get it or not depends on what we decide to research next; it may be too far away.

Well, those are the choices. Discuss..

Copernicus' Observatory.! Zojoji had a nice amount of money, and this wonder would be best in that city

No wonders for now. Wait until the Industrial Age for those wonders - they are much better (if we decide to build them). If I had to choose one, I'd choose Newton's...

While I agree that the industrial age has some very good Wonders, the prebuild has already started and will in all likelyhood be done before we get to the industrial age. So, I'm afraid our choices are limited to the middle age for now.

Magellan! We need naval superiority regardless of what our aggression level is.

Have you noticed all but one Middle Age wonder has a possessive name? Like Smith's, Bach's, Newton's, etc. Poor Sistine is the odd ball.

"Mike's" gave you a free cathedral in every city in Civ II. That would be horribly unbalanced in Civ III, so they dropped that and kept J.S. Bach's Cathedral.

Top Bottom