1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ZoneAlarm update/new version 6 problems

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by IglooDude, Aug 5, 2005.

1. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Just a quick heads-up, ZoneAlarm version 6.0 (just came out in the last couple weeks) appears to be having some teething troubles, so I'd suggest not installing it or allowing the automatic upgrade/update to it if the option comes up.

2. Cassius Maius

Cassius Maius Chieftain

I'm using ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6 on my Windows XP system and it seems to be working awesome for me. Perhaps you could describe the problem you're having and I could try to help you fix it? :crazyeye:

3. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

I'd be interested in knowing what the 'problems' are as well. I'm using it and its not allowing ICs, but aside from that its working fine.

4. GrandAdmiral

GrandAdmiral Deity

Well I'm using the pro version and it has some new features with the last upgrade that are great for security reasons but quite annoying. Basically when any program tries to access any resources from other programs or windows resources on your computer it pauses and asks for permission the same way it does when they try to access the internet. Its a good attempt to combat spyware but it has actually caused some programs to crash etc. Usually you can press the allow everytime option and it won't happen the next time you launch the application and its rare that it does cause errors.