1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Zones of Control

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Realism Invictus' started by buck beach, Apr 27, 2019.

1. buck beach

buck beach Prince

Do Forts or Cities have a Zone of Control or where enemy units can't move from one tile adjacent to either to another such adjacent tile?

Is there a pedia that covers the subject?

Buck

2. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

No and, therefore, no.

3. buck beach

buck beach Prince

Thank you.

4. jafink

jafink King

If you want Zones of Control, I think the most recent Civilization game to include them was Civ 2

5. buck beach

buck beach Prince

No don't really want them, only trying to figure out where to place Forts as choke points. Seems that they are really only effect where they can't be bypassed otherwise seems to be useless!

6. jafink

jafink King

Yeah I also haven't figured out how to use forts effectively. I never build them. I started a game on the map script called "global highlands" or something like that, where you have lots of mountain ranges and narrow chokepoints, hoping to have some fun with forts. But I ended up quitting that game because I there were too many hills and I wanted to play on a map with more variety.

7. Soupy Delicious

Soupy Delicious Chieftain

Posting for posterity, but forts do have a 'soft' zone of control, in that they give defenders a big advantage for attacking enemies outside the forts. They're immune to first strikes and +% attack strength versus most unit types. So forts don't have to totally block a chokepoint, only be placed somewhere in it so you can whittle down an army before it gets to your cities.