[BTS] Zoom to Active Combat

Dre Amon

Chieftain
As I recall, Civ IV (including BTS) would zoom to show your units when they are being attacked. The version I have now is not doing that, so I am still choosing what to build next in my cities while my troops are dying. Any idea why? How to fix?

I'm playing multiplayer LAN games, the 'final release,' build 3.1.9.0 and in options I have 'no combat zoom' unselected. I don't want to see every friendly and enemy move, just the ones where my troops are being attacked.

With 'no combat zoom' unselected, you should see the combat happen with blow by blow details. If you select 'no combat zoom', you should still see the combat, just without enlarging the units involved and not showing the blow by blow details. Have you seen this in the past with multiplayer LAN? Perhaps it only works for single player.

As for seeing moves, in the same options screen where the 'no combat zoom' is located there are two other options. One to see or not the Friendlys move and one to see or not the enemy moves. In either case, you only see the move where you are able to see the territory without the fog of war.

Top Bottom