Zoom to Home City Error?

Banach

Warlord
Anyone ever have this problem? I'm running Civ II 2.42 under 32 bit Vista, and was cruising along so happily with my power democracy. At the discovery of Radio, I had a fifteen-city zoom-to chain of diplomats set up. The last city, of course, triggered the discovery of Radio, then had a harbor that it had just rushed, so I picked zoom to city, then went back through the chain to rush 14 Airports. It was all going fine for the first 13 rushes until I went to the last city (My capital, naturally), and chose barracks for production (so that I could rush those for 160 gold, switch to superhighways, and finish for 320 gold, paying only 500 total instead of 800). An error window popped up, saying Civ II had caused a general exception, and had to be closed. I loaded the game back up, tried the exact same thing, and got the exact same error. I rebooted, and instead of trying it again I let it slide after the first thirteen airports were rushed - I didn't want to go through that again if everything crashed. So I'm just curious if anyone has had that particular problem before or has an idea on what to do? I guess time will tell if I have the same problem in another game, but it bothers me that it was repeatable.

Banach, I had once the same problem you described. I was rushbuilding spaceshipparts and with one of the last city the game crashed. Instead of trying the same (I first rushbuild everything without completing something) I tried a little different. After rushbuilding something I stopped to see that city build that part first. Then I city zoomed the next city and so on. So mayby that's the problem and is it better to rushbuild with zoom to city in a view steps. Luckily the result will be the same (all those buildings/parts were build on that turn).

Thanks Magic_gorter, I'll try that the next time (it's irrelevant in this GOTM, and at this moment I don't feel like loading the save from that turn just to play it out. On a related note, I love the rush I get when I rush airports in every city (except the last) on the turn I discover radio. Makes me feel like I'm doing something right as far as the Power Democracy goes - I'm exploiting a new Technology COMPLETELY on the EXACT turn it's discovered. I credit Starlifter and Andu's writings on trade and the Power Democracy for my ability to pull this off in this GOTM. I definitely have improved my game enormously since I started reading on this forum - there's so many good players on here.

Top Bottom