Zultan's West European History-Question-a-Day Quiz

Very close...but Wrangel was never really that good...but you're on the right track.

Johan Baner?

Well done, it is indeed Johan Banér! Extra point for not calling him "John" too;)

Next question: Code Naploéon, what year?

1804?

Right!

Next one, moving on...

What king fascinated Voltaire, enough to write a book about him...same king inspired Napoleon to many tactical "inventions", although he wouldn't really like to admit it;)

Fredrick the Great?

Was it that Swedish king, Charlex X or something, the one who invaded Russia, but got killed while fighting Peter the Great's forces?

XII, you are very, very close...wrong King, and he did not get killed by the Russians. No Swedish king has ever (yet) been killed by Russians.

haha, God, I am an idiot....look at my post above...talk about giving the answer away...XII, read my last reply one more time...and I am sure you'll get it right.:)

Charles XII, correct. He died in Norway, 1718, 30 Nov. Shot in the head, probably from one of his own officers. According to legend, he was shot by a button from a uniform, since he was immune to normal bullets. The great Nordic war dragged on another long three years after his death.

Some of his soldier did actually end up in China, seving as artillery officers after escaping from the Russians...

Next question; (a hard one) What was the name of the greates Christian corsair during his time. He was a Hospitaler and fought at both the Great Siege and at Lepanto. His closest friend was, according to legend, a pet monkey that sat on his shoulder.

Top Bottom