1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Zulu Civ is a joke

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SxSnts9, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Yes and No. The problem is that the AI doesn't really use a civs strength. For example, I very much doubt they prioritise capturing cities with non-corp units when playing as the Zulu. A human player would always do that. So while every civ is OP only balances out if every player uses the OPness of their civ. This might be true in multiplayer, but certainly is not against the AI as we have it.

I actually wonder how decent the AI would be in a game where all civs were identical without bonuses.

2. earlc

earlc Chieftain

Actually, I find the Zulu to be a lot more subtle (and fun to play as) than in previous installations. I am not a min-max domination player though.

I agree. It won't be the case on lower difficulties where you can easily pace the AI on science, but on upper difficulties the window you describe is exactly what happens. I missed the window in one game and had to retreat. I never finished the game, but I could go back and try to prey on a weaker civ and work my way up. That kind of power dynamic should be more common in the series.

bonafide11 likes this.