Zulu Confirmed?

I mean there's always a chance that it's left over materials from something that's been taken out (for now). It's happened before. I wouldn't bet on that though.
Not if the leaks from China says so.

The Zulu will get their First Look video next Tuesday. There are still plenty (too many, in fact) classic civs to feature in the next expansion if your definition of "classic" isn't restrictive:
  • Babylon
  • Portugal
  • Inca
  • Maya
  • Ottomans
  • Byzantium
  • Carthage
  • Ethiopia
  • Celts
All of those have featured multiple times, most as early as Civ 3 (Carthage and the Celts were earlier at Civ 2 and Babylon has been in since Civ 1).

Yes, they really need to get their skates on. I'm anxious for my old favorites to interact with my new ones.

I do find it interesting that Civ's meme leaders are the most aggressive in the franchise: Alexander, Genghis Khan, Shaka, Montezuma (despite shifting to a different version) and (bafflingly) Gandhi the nuke-happy.

Just look at page 6 of this thread. There is an Ikanda page in the civilopedia.

From the Civ VI civilopedia page for Ikanda it looks like The Zulu can make corps and armies earlier, straight out the gate. I think I would've preferred a buffalo flank promotion at least for the Impi.

The Zulu in Civ V was a series high IMO. Can Firaxis improve on it? IDK :undecide:

Yes, they really need to get their skates on. I'm anxious for my old favorites to interact with my new ones.

I do find it interesting that Civ's meme leaders are the most aggressive in the franchise: Alexander, Genghis Khan, Shaka, Montezuma (despite shifting to a different version) and (bafflingly) Gandhi the nuke-happy.

Well, poor Elisabeth "Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?" the First got the shaft for 6 (so far at least).

The Zulu will get their First Look video next Tuesday. There are still plenty (too many, in fact) classic civs to feature in the next expansion if your definition of "classic" isn't restrictive:
  • Babylon
  • Portugal
  • Inca
  • Maya
  • Ottomans
  • Byzantium
  • Carthage
  • Ethiopia
  • Celts
All of those have featured multiple times, most as early as Civ 3 (Carthage and the Celts were earlier at Civ 2 and Babylon has been in since Civ 1).

I would be shocked if we don’t eventually get Mali. Them, Ethiopia and Carthage would put 6 civs in Africa. Pretty decent, and that’s not even including Morocco.

Well, poor Elisabeth "Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?" the First got the shaft for 6 (so far at least).
Here's hoping she comes back, but only after France and Egypt get alternate leaders.

I would be shocked if we don’t eventually get Mali. Them, Ethiopia and Carthage would put 6 civs in Africa. Pretty decent, and that’s not even including Morocco.
I view Mali and Ethiopia as nonnegotiable essentials.

I view Mali and Ethiopia as nonnegotiable essentials.
If the Ethiopian leader doesn't give injera and jebena buna as delegation gifts, I'll be sorely disappointed. (Did you know the Ethiopians put herbed ghee and salt in their coffee? It's a little weird, but it's good.)

Here's hoping she comes back, but only after France and Egypt get alternate leaders.

I'd prefer earlier England leader, someone with Longbowmen. Edward III would be cool and could have some scenario with Robert the Bruce.

I'd prefer earlier England leader, someone with Longbowmen. Edward III would be cool and could have some scenario with Robert the Bruce.
I'd love a Medieval English ruler, but Firaxis just has a weird tendency to overlook entire periods in history (like post-Achaemenid Persia), and to date they've shown no signs of awareness that England was actually a pretty big deal in the Early and High Middle Ages. That being said, Elizabeth I is one of my favorite figures (not to mention one of the biggest personalities) in history, and her being ditched for a prissy figurehead is entirely unacceptable. ;)

• Babylon
  • Portugal
  • Inca
  • Maya
  • Ottomans
  • Byzantium
  • Carthage
  • Ethiopia
  • Celts

I think Scotland is standing in for the Celts in 6.

If there's only one more 8 civ expansion, I'd only bet on Portugal, Inca, either the Ottomans or Byzantium (probably Ottomans based on demand), and likely Carthage (based on the missing Roman cities). Everyone else I'm not sure.

Having said that, I doubt there's only 8 Civs slots left: even if they don't plan on more standalone civ DLC or a third expansion, I'd at least expect them to attempt to ring more money out with expansion 2 as a $40 12 civ and the kitchen sink sort of deal (ala the XCOM 2 expansion).

If the Ethiopian leader doesn't give injera and jebena buna as delegation gifts, I'll be sorely disappointed. (Did you know the Ethiopians put herbed ghee and salt in their coffee? It's a little weird, but it's good.)

The coffee is excellent, yeah. The food is phenomenal, as well. :love:

Definitely need Ethiopia in the game for the food alone. :thumbsup:

The coffee is excellent, yeah. The food is phenomenal, as well. :love:

Definitely need Ethiopia in the game for the food alone. :thumbsup:
I crave injera and beef tibbs constantly. :D Ethiopian is probably my third favorite food, after Persian (or more broadly Middle Eastern, really) and Indian.

I crave injera and beef tibbs constantly. :D Ethiopian is probably my third favorite food, after Persian (or more broadly Middle Eastern, really) and Indian.

Sadly despite the availability of Ethiopian food in NYC, I've never ate at an Ethiopian restaurant.....:cry:

Sadly despite the availability of Ethiopian food in NYC, I've never ate at an Ethiopian restaurant.....:cry:
Ooooh, you should! Injera is just so delightfully sour and spongy and delicious! :D Some of the food is a little spicy, but not all of it. :)

Ooooh, you should! Injera is just so delightfully sour and spongy and delicious! :D Some of the food is a little spicy, but not all of it. :)

Malaysian cuisine has quite a lot of spicy dishes, so I should be used to it. ;)

So when did this thread become about African cuisine?! :lol:

To chime in: I am RN cooking a Sri Lankan pork curry with Tamarind, something we borrowed from Moroccan cuisine (I think). FYI so much of what is popular nowadays as Indian food is actually relatively new/modern. E.g: Chilies. Indian food didn't have chilli until the Portuguese (cos it comes from South America).

So when did this thread become about African cuisine?! :lol:

To chime in: I am RN cooking a Sri Lankan pork curry with Tamarind, something we borrowed from Moroccan cuisine (I think). FYI so much of what is popular nowadays as Indian food is actually relatively new/modern. E.g: Chilies. Indian food didn't have chilli until the Portuguese (cos it comes from South America).

As detailed in Charles Mann's novel 1493, the Columbian Exchange altered the cuisines of the Old World immensely. It led to a population boost in China, for example. Irish cuisine wouldn't be the same without potatoes. Italian cuisine wouldn't be the same without tomatoes. The list goes on and on.

I've never had Indian or Ethiopian food -- not many restaurants serve either in my area. I guess I've tried some Middle Eastern food, especially if you stretch that definition to include Morocco. I made this Moroccan chili dish at home once. That was good.

As a Texan, I have a proclivity for BBQ and Mexican food (both authentic and Tex-Mex). Then of course there's your classic bowl of Texas Red, chicken fried steaks... hard to keep even sort of trim down here. :D

Top Bottom