Zulu Confirmed?

Yep I just found the Impi file that OP found in the files which definitely means the Zulu are in. Which could mean that William Wallace's Scotland could also be in as well.

Last edited:
Yep I just found the Impi file that OP found in the files which definitely means the Zulu are in. Which could mean that William Wallace's Scotland could also be in as well.
Yeah, if we have Scotland (which is pretty much certain), it's very probable that we will be getting William Wallace as their leader. One of the reasons why I would have preferred the Celts as a whole, but anyway, Scotland is happening...

Yeah, if we have Scotland (which is pretty much certain), it's very probable that we will be getting William Wallace as their leader. One of the reasons why I would have preferred the Celts as a whole, but anyway, Scotland is happening...
It could very well be Robert the Bruce also, who would play the same way as Wallace but also being an actual leader. I've already grown kind of fond of possibly getting just Scotland anyway.

Imagine the rest of the world wake up to see a YouTube video titled First Look: Mutapa.

As exotic and interesting as it can, I'd argue that will probably leads to the doom of Civilization 6. We have enough backlash already from Georgia. Outside here/reddit, people were disappointed and sarcastically commented "coming up next! First Look: <some obscure civ (I don't remember too)>", et cetera.

That was Georgia. A real country name (that we learned during school geography), that share a name with modern US state and some European ruler/placenames...

Personally, I've never heard of Mutapa before you mentioned it here.. and naming it Zimbabwe, might, might make it more recognizable (mostly due to its meme-like currency, at least here).. but let's not take any more risk. We have enough obscure civ/leader (in non-CF/Reddit term): Georgia, Cree, Maurya. Let's the next 3 be civilization we all familiar with to boost sales
(like Inca, Ottoman and Mali ._. - hey one can still wish despite Mapuche/Zulu/Scotland is coming :p)
You realize that is exactly what is going to happen when one of the last 3 is going to be First Look Mapuche, right?

You realize that is exactly what is going to happen when one of the last 3 is going to be First Look Mapuche, right?
Then Shaka and William Wallace leading Scotland will make them love the game again.

The drum beats are getting louder and louder and are almost deafening now. :goodjob:

Reveal yourself, Shaka!

The drum beats are getting louder and louder and are almost deafening now. :goodjob:

Reveal yourself, Shaka!
Speaking of revealing oneself, is it just me or does Firaxis have a hard time finding men who wear shirts? :mischief: I mean, Gilgamesh, Gandhi, Chandragupta, Mvemba a Nzinga, Jayavarman, and Montezuma are all at least partly shirtless and Alexander is wearing a sculpted breastplate. :p

Speaking of revealing oneself, is it just me or does Firaxis have a hard time finding men who wear shirts? :mischief: I mean, Gilgamesh, Gandhi, Chandragupta, Mvemba a Nzinga, Jayavarman, and Montezuma are all at least partly shirtless and Alexander is wearing a sculpted breastplate. :p

Obviously they are targeting the female audience. :thumbsup:

It could very well be Robert the Bruce also, who would play the same way as Wallace but also being an actual leader. I've already grown kind of fond of possibly getting just Scotland anyway.
I would also prefer someone like Robert the Bruce for Scotland, but I'm betting it will be William Wallace.

Obviously they are targeting the female audience. :thumbsup:
Except at least three of them are middle aged or older and one of them is...rotund. :p But I mean, if troll-face Gandhi floats your boat... :lol:

One thing speaking against it, is that the 2nd expansion would need some oldie-but-goldie civs too. R&F already got mongolia, so Babylon and Zulu are the only ones left of the classic civs missing.

I hope we get more than 2 expansions this time. A new civ game always feels like a reset... 3 steps forward and 2 steps back... or something like that.

But I am about 100% sure the Zulu will be added, just not in R&F. Lets see :)

Except at least three of them are middle aged or older and one of them is...rotund. :p But I mean, if troll-face Gandhi floats your boat... :lol:

Are you callling Javvy rotund? :mad: He is just imitating Buddha, that's all. :D

Last edited:
Are you callling Javvy rotund? :mad: He has is just imitating Buddha, that's all. :D
He's actually one of my favorite leader models; I don't get why people hate him. :D

Are you callling Javvy rotund? :mad: He is just imitating Buddha, that's all. :D
Wasn't Siddhartha supposedly skinny?

I think it was later that they made him to look fat, because apparently fat people are happy.

I'd say he's more 'dad bod' than rotund. It's in these days ;)

It was similar in Civ 5: Monty and Gandhi never wear shirts (nor Shaka for that matter), Hiawatha, Kamehameha, Pacal, Gajah. I guess they figure you are from somewhere tropical and pre-industrial age (or Gandhi!) you apparently always want some good air circulation.

They seem to have a shirtless but no-body hair rule. I wonder if there's a long email thread somewhere firaxis's servers debating whether or not to model underarm hair.

I'd say he's more 'dad bod' than rotund. It's in these days ;)

It was similar in Civ 5: Monty and Gandhi never wear shirts (nor Shaka for that matter), Hiawatha, Kamehameha, Pacal, Gajah. I guess they figure you are from somewhere tropical and pre-industrial age (or Gandhi!) you apparently always want some good air circulation.

They seem to have a shirtless but no-body hair rule. I wonder if there's a long email thread somewhere firaxis's servers debating whether or not to model underarm hair.
Well if they want realistic, body hair is part of the picture (as is different body types/weights). Not a big deal with animated characters to not have body hair, and it's not like they are really aiming to be that realistic anyway.

Well this got weird!

You're making me really despair at the state of education when you suggest that the Cree or Chandragupta Maurya are "obscure." :(

This isn’t fair really. History as a discipline has grown exponentially in the last few decades. There’s just too much for the general population to grab a hold of, and a natural focus on local history and recent history. And just more consumable culture in general. People only have so much time in the day, and history is typically written VERY dryly, and can’t keep up with the popularity of fiction.

Cree are known more commonly in Canada, Maurya is known more in India. That’s natural. The education problems we have are around the application of critical thought to history, not the reading of famous names and people itself.

And thus we get the Zulu, and the occasional exposure to less familiar history when firaxis feels like it

I have to admit, even though I had pretty decent history course at university, I didn't know about Cree before R&F (Canadian history is not covered well outside of NA) and I've learned about Chandragupta Maurya on my own.

General international history usually covers more global events.

EDIT: Although Zulu weren't in any official course, I've learned about them from some BBC documentary when I was young. Probably this counts as them being more widely known.

Top Bottom