zulu9812's concept art

First let me say the animations are coming along very nicely.

But the saddle seems a tad bit too far back. Try sliding it up a bit.

Also, that horse is shaped like a European Destrier, similar to today's Clydesdales. Those are huge horses.

They are also not really appropriate for an Arabian Knight. He should be riding an Arabian Stallion.

Notice the difference in the shape of the head and thickness of the neck and body.

Also note the way the riders sit on the horse. The legs are bent, the lower leg perpendicular to the ground. There have been several mounted units made in which the rider is sitting rather awkwardly.

It also looks like the Swordsman has breasts. :crazyeye:

Most questions have been answered already, so I will comment on that static rider. In a proper rider movement, hands and feet are static (in relation to horse) while hip balances back and forth. It's like the rider was pushing the horse with his hip... lol. So in order to do this, after parenting which you did ok, make sure that Michael's Inverse Kinematics are ON for both hands and arms. Then you have to move the hip manually back and forth in a couple of key frames. Look at other horse units to see how hips moves if that's a problem. Also adjust the upper torso (bend abodmen) so that it doesn't move as much as hip and remains straight.

As for Kal-El's comment about legs, it's not exactly right - rider's legs are straight in trot (as seen on the photo), but in gallop they're bended.

For arabian horse, I recommend simply using P4 horse instead of Charger which indeed doesn't look arabian at all. P4 horse also has free white arab textures somewhere on renderosity as well as simple cover (can't find suitable word, you know, piece of cloth) instead of heavy barding.

Excellent dynamic attack animation with the swordsman :goodjob: though I also see breasts there :p

This is in fact an Hungarian knight, but he is wearing a Persian Style barding

Attachments

• HungarianKnight.jpg
    HungarianKnight.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 233
Thanks Rip!

Ok, here is the new arab horse & animation. I've also redone the arab swordsman attack. The problem wasn't with the Michael model, but with the tunic he was wearing. So what you have instead is a chainmail texture. I've also done the arab swordsman attack at roughly civ scale. I've changed thr proportions of the model to make him more muscualr around the chest, fatter around the waist, have wider thighs and a bigger head. What does everyone think?

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/arab_anim_previews_2.zip

looks good, you may want to thicken the sword a tad since civ scale is still a bit smaller than that preview, and when he gets smaller the sword may be hard to distinguish.

zulu9812 said:
I've noticed that if I try using Kinboat's poser setup, I can't export a movie of more than 8 frames. Does anyone know what the problem is?

As ripptide suggested earlier, it sounds like a problem with your selected play range. Open up the Key Frame editor. Then look at the bottom of that pop-up, where the play range is. It might be that the play range is set for only the first eight frames. There are sliders to adjust the first and last frames of the play range.

If that's not the problem, then maybe it's in your render settings. I believe that you can change the animation settings to only render certain frames. I'm not looking at Poser right now, but I'm pretty sure this is possible.

Okay, the animations for the Arab Archer & Swordsman are done, and the anims for the Arab Horseman are done (also working on an Arab Heavy Horseman). Just a few questions:

1. The document windows I'm using in Poser is 550x550. When I render to bmps should I keep that document size or take it down to, say, 150x150?

2. How do I work civ colours into these units?

3. What rendering options are other posers users using? Currently, I'm just using the default settings for 'Production'. I've posted 2 pics below, one from the 140x140 window and one from the 550x550 window. I'm worried that it looks a bit too 'soft'.

Looking Good there are the Archer-Man. Just Gotta think of Of some good names. 'Arabic Archer' Is stupid.

Top Bottom