1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Zwei833's German (Real and Alternate)History Civs

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by zwei833, Nov 24, 2015.

1. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

2. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

German Empire (1848)
    Deutsches Reich

This Civ assumes that the German Revolution in 1848-1849 is success and a unified German Empire is established according to the Frankfurt Constitution. And King Frederich Wilhelm IV of Prussia is crowned as Frederich Wilhelm I, the Emperor of the Germans(Kaiser der Deutschen).

Civ Icon:

Capital: Frankfurt

Leader: Frederich Wilhelm I

Religion: Protestant

Culture: Central

UA: Verfassungs-Reich (Eng: Constitutionalism Empire)
    After researching Printing Press, +1 :c5happy: per city when none of cities found by you are occupied:c5occupied:l by other civilizations, +1 :c5happy: and +5%:c5culture: in every city which is not a puppet:c5puppet: .

UU1: Schlachtschwertierer

Replace Lancer but is a melee infantry. Can not upgrade nor obsolete, +100%:c5war: attacking cities, generates 1:c5culture: per turn.

UU2: Freikorps

Replace Rifleman(skirmisher with EE), +30%:c5war: when fighting in friendly territory, double movements in Forest tiles.

Decisions:
    Apply the Frankfurt Constitution:
    Cost: 300:c5culture:, can be ony enacted after Renaissance age.
    Reward: launch a goden age, turn all puppet cities:c5puppet: and occupied cities:c5occupied: into your own cities without any happinese penalty, end revolts:c5razing: in all cities.

Lützow Free Corps:
    Cost: 60:c5food: in all cities:, require Rifle tech.
    Reward: One Freikorps appear near to every cities which are not occupied:c5occupied: cities.

History (From Althistory Wikia, may be adopted by myself later) :

Spoiler :

The Empire of the German Nation (German: Reich Deutscher Nation, Polish: Imperium Narodu Niemieckiego, Czech: Říše německého národa) is the official successor state to the German Confederation, but in a larger political sense, the Kingdoms of Prussia and Austria. Formed out of German nationalism in the mid-1800's, the superstate finally unified the Germanic peoples under an elective constitutional monarchy, similar to that of the Holy Roman Empire's system of Prince-Electors combined with democratic and libertarian freedoms similar to both Britain and the United States.
    The 1848 Revolutions:
    On March 21st, 1848, Friedrich Wilhelm IV walked through the streets of Berlin, with some of his Generals and Ministers. Wearing the revolutionary colors of Black-Red-Gold, he went to the cemetery where hundreds of civilians were buried following a riot a few days earlier. With most of kingdom getting ready to descend into chaos (and over half of his General Staff threatening to mutiny) he agreed to the demands of his people, and agreed to arrange the Frankfurt Parliament for the unification of Germany.

Spearheading this movement, was a Prussian statesman and member of the Landtag, Otto von Bismarck. Recently married to Johanna von Puttkamer, devout sister of a fellow statesman, he was young and ambitious, and many felt as though he would become someone great. At the Parliament, his charisma brought many on his side, including the King himself, who had attended one of the meetings.
    Frankfurt Parliament (Nat. 1848)

The Frankfurt Parliament during the arrival of the messenger.
    However, on October 7, a man dashed into St. Paul's Church with two messages for the King (who had been there that day) and the attendees. Everyone was quieted and the man spoke, sending chills down their spines. A declaration of war from the Kingdom of Denmark, and word that Danish soldiers were taking advantage of the choas and had occupied most of Hannover. And that Hungarian troops had captured Vienna, and that the Austrian Empire had been formally abolished.

With no one else to turn to, the German States all allied with Prussia, and by October 12, Friedrich Wilhelm had accepted the title "Emperor of the Germans", or "Kaiser der Deutschen" and declared war on both Denmark and the new Hungarian Empire.

The Empire of the German Nation had been born.

An Uneasy Unity:
    Following the Revolutionary Wars and unification under the newly crowned Kaiser Friedrich Wilhelm I, it was clear that infighting was going to be prevalent, if at least in the beginning. Both Austria and Prussia were creating pacts and deals with the states of the Reich, and each had the unquestioned support of Bohemia and Poznań, respectively.

Prussia had managed to bring the northern states under its sphere, while Austria brought the southern ones into theirs. As tensions began to rise, it also became clear that the more liberal Prussia would be heading the country for a while, with both its König and Premierminister Otto von Bismarck as the two most powerful men in the nation. So, a comprumise was reached in early 1850 by both factions. Alfred I, Prince of Windisch-Grätz, was promoted to the rank of Kaiserlich Feldmarschall (Imperial Field Marshal), giving him direct control of the entire military, usurping Bismarck and second only to the Kaiser himself in military rank.

With a staunch conservative being given the highest German rank, many liberals cried indignantly, pointing out the scandalous backroom deal. In truth, it was one of the only ways Prussia was able to pacify the warhawks of the Austrian population, who were becoming uneasy under a perceived protestant takeover.

What is lack of now:
    -Leaderhead Graphic (done by Jamforce)
    -Map Graphic (Gatoutak will make it)
    -Unit flag art done, need improves though
    -coding of the UA done
    -Diplomacy text
    -DOM text (done by myself, still needs improve)

Attached Files:

3. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I decide to choose the 2nd option of the civ icon. And now I am already making this civ mod, so it is not only a 'design' now!

4. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Add the leader icon: Fredrich Wilhem I

Attached Files:

• FWI.jpg
      FWI.jpg
      File size:
      56.5 KB
      Views:
  5. Jamforce

Jamforce Chieftain

I like the civ and the idea of "what if ", moreover, Im happy at the idea of see new unit models by you ;)
    Im not an artist, anyway if you like the icon, feel free to use it.

Attached Files:

• FWI.png
      FWI.png
      File size:
      56.4 KB
      Views:
  6. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

OH MY GOD, You ARE an Artist! The icon is Brillant, will probably use this icon!

A little request, could you please provide a verison of this icon with the proper alpha channel in .psd format(or in other formats, not a problem)?

P.S. and yes, there will be new unit models for both UUs when the civ mod release.

7. Jamforce

Jamforce Chieftain

Urràààààà :goodjob:

Attached Files:

8. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige Chieftain

I would actually support this. If I knew how to do graphics work, I'd do the map for ya...

9. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

This is an awesome idea! If I wasn't so uninterested in Civ these days, I would help. I could pledge myself to doing art for that civ in the future - although I don't know when it will happen! :(

10. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Thank you, Jan! I feel so honor to hear that you will help in the future. Don't worry about times, the mod already have artworks though not all in good quality currently, you can help improve them in the future when you have time and interest.

Happy exploring the Wasteland!
    P.S. I know where is your son Shaun.

11. Jamforce

Jamforce Chieftain

Leaderscreens at Sanssouci Palace :)

DDS & png

Spoiler :

12. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Thank you sir! Will add this! ( I chose the first one)

13. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Updated the UUs' icons, left: old, right: new.

Attached Files:

14. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

You know what I want to see, a German Civilization with Zeppelins as Great War Bomber Replacements. I'm actually surprised none has been done, given that the model is already there to be used.

15. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

16. Timewalker102

Timewalker102 Prime Minister

So, what next?

17. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I'm focus on updating and improving the German Empire now.
    Generally I'm interested in a Weimar Republic, a HRE lead by Maximilian I, an Electorate of Saxony lead by Frederich III(or Johann, or Johann Friedrich I) and perhaps an Electorate of Brandenburg during 16th century. But I have not enough time to make new civs currently.

P.S. This thread is considered as finished its task, if you want to discuss, please go to the release thread.