Resource icon

24 Bronze Age Chariot Archers 2016-10-05

This set contains 24 Bronze Age Chariot Archers for civilizations in the ancient Mediterranean zone that I've made, collected or assembled using models and textures released by firaxis or other forum modders. By reading this THREAD you'll understand the purpose of this collection, and you'll find additional in-game screenshots also.

I introduced these new Civ4 units because they were really important units in the ancient times. Historically the chariots of the Egyptians and Assyrians, with whom the bow was the principal arm of attack, were richly mounted with quivers full of arrows.

These units consist of a single archer on a open chariot, with custom animations to manage bow and arrows.
They are fully playable with nifscope and they have both shader and not-shader nifs.
In order to run them into Civ4 correctly, you MUST use the custom anims included in the package.
I also provided xml code to insert into your customized artdefine.

The package contains 1 "anim_effects" folder to manage the different kind of arrows when they reach the opposite field, otherwise a "custom" arrow starting from a archer turns into a "standard" arrow during its way (read HERE for more details). Also I included into "anim_effects" folder a detailed ach_arrows_readme.txt file to explain how to manage arrow effects.

Although anims aren't 100% polished, these units work fine during each anim sequence and they are fun to see when in action.
Special thanks to AchillesZero who helped me to solve a glitch on the bow anim.

Unfortunately a unresolved glitch is still present on these units. During the StrikeA anim, while the unit stops itself after attacking, sometimes the left arm disappears (it happens in a ranged attack situation mostly). I suspect the issue stays in the NiTransformInterpolator (index 15) which links the BIP L Clavicle node, but I wasn't able to fix it. If someone could get rid of it is really welcome.

Check this THREAD to visit my BRONZE AGE units collection ;)
  • ach_view1_8V8.jpg
    ach_view1_8V8.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 200
  • ach_view2_sk5.jpg
    ach_view2_sk5.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 208
Author
ambrox62
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update