Resource icon

Troy civ 2016-10-05

Trojan civilization, by Pencilgod (2009).

This took a long time to create! Especially the LH, the UB and the UU were more difficult to make than I expected, but I think it turned out very well. This civilization has everything you would expect, new graphics, new music, new unit sounds. Give it a try.

Troy is a legendary city and center of the Trojan War, as described in the Epic Cycle and especially in the Iliad, one of the two epic poems attributed to Homer.

The cities of Troy are tough nuts to crack, under the leadership of Hector. His Organized trait ensures a solid economy, while his Protective trait gives Trojan archers a bonus to city defense. The Trojan Wall unique building gives a happiness bonus to cities along with a commerce bonus. Lastly, the Trojan's unique unit, the Apollonian Guard can pick off melee and siege units with ease, thanks to their two attacks. However they are vulnerable to archers and mounted units and are unsuitable for city attack.

Thread here: Trojan civ

This is NOT modular because it's too much of a hassle and it features custom sounds. The sound XML files don't have modular support to my knowledge. Place all the files in the right directories and paste all the new XML entries at the bottom of the right files. Exceptions to this are:

- the Audio2Dscripts entry. Place the new entry behind the AS2D_TUTORIAL_COMPLETE_0 entry.

- the Audio3Dscripts entry. Place the new entry behind the AS3D_BYZANTIUM_ORDER entry.

- the AudioDefines entry. Place the new entry behind the SND_TUTORIAL_COMPLETE_0 entry.

- the Civ4CityLSystem entry. Place the new entry behind the LSYSTEM_CELTIC_DUN entry.

- the CIV4DiplomacyINfos entry. Place all the entries behind the corresponding Gilgamesh entry.

If anyone with the right skills wants to make this modular, be my guest! Just reply to my thread at civfanatics.
  • troyciv_25v.jpg
    troyciv_25v.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 207
Author
pencilgod
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Top Bottom