Resource icon

Ethnic Mix More 2016-10-05

ETHNIC MIX MORE 1.2 UPDATE :

Here the second update of Ethnic Mix More :) and I numbered it 1.2 ( Valentine Special )

What's new ? Well ... As I try to progress with Nifskope, I enhanced many many units :)

One point of weakness of the mod was maybe the lack of difference between the Minor Asia civilizations ( Sumer, Babylon, Persia, Arabia, Ottoman ). As a good wizard, Bakuel made some fantastic Berber units a few weeks ago and so, I used them for Arabia and began to re-create and touch some pixels on Minor Asia units until I have enough diversity between them. Then, I used Bakuel Berber meshes to make too some Ottoman units and worked a lot on Nifskope to get some new Sumer/Babylon units. Related to Persia, I used both Bakuel great persia units and some of my own to propose a complete set.

So ...

- Almost all India units are re-created, including a new settler and a new scout ( instead of the MidEastern style of BTS who's really not accurate for India ! )

- Almost all Sumer units are re-created.

- Almost all Arabia units are re-created.

- Almost all Ottoman units are re-created ( including a new explorer )

I began to work on Asia units. There too, I used 2 Bakuel Berber mesh and surprisingly, it worked quite fine for some Khmer units :) So ...

- Almost all Khmer units are re-created ( added new ones )

- Almost all Korea units are re-created ( added new ones )

- Enhanced too some Mongol and China units

- Created a new Africa settler and created 8 new textures for all African shields ...

- Updated some Native units

- Changed all Carthage units and use the ones from Bakuel :)

- Updated almost all egyptian units with one mesh only ... Why ? Because I plan to work on new artwork for Egypt units and this mesh ( Ambrox one ) is particulary well done ! so, it will be a base to work on very soon :)

- Enhanced many Knights of several civilizations, mostly the horse part with a new 256x256 texture ! ;)

- I re-create a new carriage for War Elephants ( a 256x256 texture ) and then worked on War Elephants to get a more visual diversity set of 20 War Elephants. I havn't finished yet, so my apologizes, but I'll add more on the next update of the mod ;)

The carriages are a bit empty to let some other creators to add whatever they want ( weapons for example, which is not my best knowledge :( )

I'll post too these 20 War Elephants in a unit graphic specific thread for those who want them without the Ethnic Mix Mod.

- Added several cuirassiers more etnically diverse.

At last, as pointed by Mamba, I finished to get some crash after many multiplayer tests so, as GeoModder updated its great Cultural City Style to 0.95, I included it. This version ( 0.95 ) doesn't crash the game. I had no problem at all with it :)

And the Eden Project ( wonder mod ) of tsentom1 is still there .

Tested both on Mac and PC ( single and multiplayer ) and remember : this mod is for Civilization IV Beyond The Sword 3.1.9 only !

- GeoModder's Cultural City Style version 0.95 :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=328300

- The Eden Project ( wonder mod ) from tsentom1 :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7060423#post7060423

Total : 490 Units ... Each unit has its own dds button.

Compressed ( .rar format ) : 130 Mo
Compressed ( .zip format ) : 135 Mo
Uncompressed : 330 Mo

ETHNIC MIX MORE :

This mod is for Civilization IV Beyond The Sword 3.1.9 only and it works on BOTH MAC and PC ( single and multiplayer - I named it Ethnic Mix More as a tribute to White Rabbit EDU's Mod which inspired me :)

This mod is still a work in progress and I continue to go further with it, with a little bit of patience. It intends to bring to Mac players a bit of units flavor you can find in other mods only available for PC users ...

This mod is not modular. The units are not "FPK" packed for those who want to make their own changes. But not unpacked slow down a bit the Mod launch I suppose.

This mod doesn't include any .dll

The 5 languages of the xml files are written in english ( except for some french parts ) but there are : so, no missing text.

I could add more units ( for example, the same number of units for each civilization ) but my purpose is not only adding any flavoured units but only add quality units. And units creation is like coding : a work always in progress

So, added a complete set of African units ( which is missing in BTS ), some animals units, and of course, many units for almost all civilizations ...

It has been tested both in single and multiplayer games :) Both on Mac and PC

Units creation credits : Bakuel and Danrell ( I use many of their units ), Chuggi, Polycrates, AlazkanAssassin, AsioAsio, Sepamu92, Mechaerik, Ambrox, White Rabbit, Millenia, Achilleszero, Deliverator, Sakhr, Buddy3101, Gagonite, etc ...

A special thanks to Flintlock1415 who pointed me towards a great utility for Mac : SquishDDS which does a great job and spared me a lot of time !!!

To everyone who is not listed : just tell me : I'll add your name !

I did it only because I think that there are not enough Civilization mods really available on Macintosh or Macintosh compatible ...

TO DO NEXT :

- Still looking for a real working terraforming mod ( rhaaaaaa ... planting trees and forests !!! ;) )

EASY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS :

1) Unzip the Ethnic Mix More folder into your Mods directory ( ../Applications/"yourciv4beyondthesword_install_folder"/Mods/ )
2) Load the game and play as normal by first loading Mod option

VERSION HISTORY :

- Version 1.2 (14/02/10) --> This is the current and 2nd version. Tested working on Beyond The Sword 3.19 multilingual ( both Mc and PC )
- Version 1.1 (01/01/10) --> This is the current and 2nd version. Tested working on Beyond The Sword 3.19 multilingual ( both Mc and PC )
- Version 1.0 (01/10/09) --> This current is the 1st version. Tested working on Beyond The Sword 3.19 multilingual ( both Mc and PC )

Work still in progress - So, please, enjoy !

2011 :

Ethnic Mix More has been updated !!! ---> see ETHNICAE
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18158

:coffee:
  • ethnicaedef_a8Q.jpg
    ethnicaedef_a8Q.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 86
Author
coffee junkie
Downloads
Views
First release