Improved 1UPT (v.1)
by Joseph Miller

-1- Description
-2- Potential Mod Conflicts
-3- Version History
-4- Credits
-5- Contact information

== Description ==

This mod is designed to improve the 1UPT (One Unit Per Tile) mechanic in Civ 5.

Reasons for changes:
I added +1 movement to the units in order to help mitigate the traffic jams that AI Units (especially allies) can create when they sit on rough terrain without a road. The additional movement allows passage through them (as long as one of the tiles on the other side of the unit remains open). Since I gave in increase in movement to all units, that meant I needed decrease the movement bonuses of roads and railroads and increase unit sight range. I also needed to increase the city's sight and bombard range. More changes to come as playtesting continues.

== Potential Mod Conflicts ==

Since I changed the base movement of units, this mod will conflict with other movement changing mods, such as db0's Large Scale mod.

If someone does experience a conflict, then please let me know so that I can make a note of the conflict here.

== Version History ==

Version .1:
*Added extra movement to all units (including embarked units) to help avoid 1UPT traffic jams caused by the AI.
*Lowered the road and rail road movement modifiers.
*Increased city and unit sight range.
*Increased city bombardment range.
*Increased minimum distance between cities to 3.

== Credits ==

db0 for letting me look at his Large Scale Mod code so that I could understand how to code the globals.
Thalassicus for the Modder's Starter Package template.

== Contact information ==

I can be contacted via PM on the civfanatics forum. My user name is: jaldaen.

The file can be found via the in-game browser, but if you want me to post it here, then let me know and I'll do so.
Author
jaldaen
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from jaldaen

Top Bottom