Resource icon

Kievan Rus' (Gods and Kings) 2016-10-05

All of my Gods and Kings mods may now be downloaded in a single pack:

Tomatekh's Mod Pack (Civfanatics)
Tomatekh's Mod Pack (Steam)

~~~

Adds Kievan Rus' to the base game.

As always, if you enjoy my mods please rate them up not only here but on the Steam Workshop as well (mods get buried there really easy).

Steam Workshop version:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=89653704&searchtext=

~~~

Note:

- This civilization requires the Gods and Kings expansion.
- Updates to the Mod will most likely break save games. Please do not update until you are ready to begin a new game.
- Kievan Rus' and Russia share about 3 city names. If both are in the game, whichever civ builds the city first gets the city name, otherwise the name is skipped in the list.
- This mod overwrites the CityView.lua and CivilopediaScreen.lua game files. This is done in order to make the dummy UA buildings invisible and is purely aesthetic. However, it will cause compatibility problems with other mods which also overwrite these files (not counting any of my other mods as they use the same edits). To disable this, simply delete the "Dummy Building Folder" folder (and the four files within).
- This mod also overwrites the TopPanel.lua file. This is done to display the gold per turn changes per social policy form the trait. The file can also be deleted (LUA/TopPanel.lua only, not the whole folder) to restore compatibility with other mods. Doing so will remove the dynamic update of your gold per turn top panel for the policy gold (+x gpt) however you will still recieve the proper additional gold every turn (see "to do" section).

~~~

Kievan Rus'

Leader: Yaroslav the Wise

UA: Pravda Rus'skaya: +1 Gold for every Social Policy adopted and Workers construct Tile Improvements 20% faster.

UU:
Druzhina: Replaces Longswordsman. +15% Defense. +1 Sight.

UB: Veche Hall: Replaces Garden. Increases the length of "We Love the King Day" by 50%. No fresh water requirement.

~~~

Credits:

- UU and UB Icons adapted from the Fall of Rome and Into the Renaissance Scenarios
- Leaderhead and Diplo screen adapted from various paintings in the public domain including Vladislav Nagornov's "Yaroslav the Wise"
- Thanks to FramedArchitect for the gold per policy lua script
- Thanks to Moriboe for code and direction in editing the top panel lua.
- Invisible Building SQL and Lua by Thalassicus & trystero49
- All code and art otherwise not listed created by Tomatekh (primary author)

~~~

To Do:

-Take the gold per policy edit out of the toppanel.lua file to ensure compatibility with other mods that also use that file. I was having some problems getting it to work that way and didn’t want to delay the update any longer. Will fix in the next update.

~~~

Please leave any bugs, balance feedback, and suggestions.

~~~

Thread

Other modders, feel free to use this civ in any way you want but please give credit.
  • rusdomscreen_ELw.jpg
    rusdomscreen_ELw.jpg
    964.6 KB · Views: 488
Author
Tomatekh
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Tomatekh