Resource icon

Mackensen Class Battlecruiser 2016-10-05

The Mackensen class was the last class of battlecruisers to be built by Germany in World War I. The class was to have comprised four ships: Mackensen, the name ship, Graf Spee, Prinz Eitel Friedrich, and Fürst Bismarck. None of the vessels were completed, as shipbuilding priorities were redirected towards U-boats. They were broken up in the early 1920s.

The design of the Mackensens was a much improved version of the previous Derfflinger. They featured a new, more powerful 35 cm (13.8 inch) gun. The Mackensen class ships featured more powerful engines that gave the ships a higher top speed and a significantly higher cruising range. The Mackensen design provided the basis for the subsequent Ersatz Yorck, which incorporated even larger 38 cm (15 inch) main-battery guns, as a response to the Royal Navy's Renown class battlecruiser. These last three ships are referred to as the Ersatz Yorck class, as the first ship of the class was designed to replace the armored cruiser Yorck, which had struck German mines early in the war and sunk. However, very little construction progress was made on these later ships.

The file contains all the sounds and pcx files. Model is not my own creation. Wyrmshadow provided the animation files and Ares de Borg did the sounds. I merely put the pieces together and cleaned up the model for CivIII and added some what if pieces. A big thanks to everyone that helped out!
  • mackensen_f9R.jpg
    mackensen_f9R.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 330
Author
Delta_Strife
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Delta_Strife