Resource icon

Großes Torpedoboot 1913 Class 2016-10-05

This class of German torpedo boats was the largest class of ships of this type build by the German Hochseeflotte. Being the workhorse of the torpedo boat flotillas, they saw intensive action in the North and Baltic sea.

Compared to their predecessors, the Großes Torpedoboot (Design 1911) on which the general design of these boats was based, the Grosses Torpedoboot 1913 was slightly enlarged, their main improvement was the addition of a third 8,8 cm (later 10,5 cm) gun and the doubled number of torpedo tubes. Some boats were modified during the war to transport 1-2 float planes.

Because of their intensive use, many of the boats got lost during the war, either through enemy gunfire or mine hits. The surviving boats were interned at Scapa Flow and scuttled with the other ships of the Hochseeflotte. Most of them were raised and scrapped in the 1920s.

The file contains all the sounds and pcx files. Model is not my own creation. Wyrmshadow provided the animation files and Ares de Borg did the sounds. I merely put the pieces together and cleaned up the model for CivIII and added some what if pieces. A big thanks to everyone that helped out!
  • type_1913_N9g.jpg
    type_1913_N9g.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 595
Author
Delta_Strife
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Delta_Strife