Resource icon

Norway Civilization 2016-10-05

Steam Workshop Link

CFC Home Page

Adds Norway as a playable civilization. Requires Gods and Kings and Denmark DLC.

This mod contains a slightly altered form of whoward's Longboat mod, and I used jpbar81's Stave Church mod as an example of how to implement the Stave Church from the Into The Renaissance Scenario.

A very special thanks to whoward69 and Bob Morane for extensive help regarding the UA. Thanks also to Drawmeus.

Leader: Harald Fairhair
UU: Norwegian Ski Infantry (Renamed to Ski Infantry. Gives Denmark a Longboat as a replacement. The Longboat is taken from whoward's mod.)
UB: Stave Church (From Into the renaissance scenario. I used jpbar's mod as an example of how to add it.) No maintenance cost, half production cost, and +3 faith. Replaces the Temple.

UA: Skaldic Verse. +5 XP from culture buildings, faith buildings, and world wonders for units built in city.

NOTE: Because of the way the game engine is, there is a very small bug in the UA. Units purchased on the VERY FIRST TURN (i.e. turn 0) will NOT get XP bonuses from Culture/Faith/WW in the city in which it was purchased. This will not be a problem generally unless you are a) "cheating" or b) playing an advanced start. Even then, it's only for the first turn, and I can't do anything about it without making this mod replace core game files. Otherwise it works.

Thanks to Irkalla for an excellent Civ Icon.

Currently, this mod has placeholder art for:

a) DOM image
b) DiploScreen
c) Map.

Janbourta will be providing me with much better art assets soon. When he does, I will update. I will also post screenshots at that point.

There are no plans to update this for Vanilla or G&K without Denmark, sorry. Feel free to alter this mod in any way, shape, or form to suit your needs.

Note:
Civilopedia entries for Harald Fairhair are a re-written version of the Wikipedia articles for Harald Fairhair and the Battle of Hafrsfjord. Civilopedia entries for Norway are taken directly from the Wikipedia article for the History of Norway. If anyone would like to rewrite the Civilopedia articles, please let me know!
Author
trystero49
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Top Bottom