Resource icon

thecowwarrior's British Empire 2016-10-05

thecowwarrior's British Empire v1.03

Background:
This mod replaces the English Empire with the British Empire. I was inspired to create this by Mozza's old mod. There are no gameplay changes. Feel free to use this mod however you wish.

Features:
-Unique UnitArtStyle with many flavor units, most change to match era (very early units are celtic, middle ages units wear crusader garb, red coats are no longer worn in modern era, etc)
-Seven new leaderheads for Britain with unique diplomacy music and diplomacy text
-Better graphics by addition of Improved Graphics for CIV v2.0 by Chuggi and Blood Spatter effects by seZereth/Walter Hawkwood
-Revised city list to include cities from across all of Britain
-Historical names for Redcoat units
-Replaced St. George's Cross with Union Jack
-Changed British civ color to scarlet red, as their maps were traditionally colored

Notes:
There are no bugs that I am aware of, but if any are found I will correct them ASAP. I am considering adding the Cultural Citystyles mod sometime in the future.

THREAD HERE

Credits:
Chuggi, Walter Hawkwood, seZereth, Firaxis, danrell, Refar, fk2006, asioasioasio, Snafusmith, JustATourist, AchillesZero, AlazkanAssassin, KrugerPritz, Buddy3101, Zerver, saibotlieh, coffee junkie, dacubz145, Seasnake, Texpatriate, heroicfort

Extra special thanks to Mozza for the inspiration to create this, and to GeneralMatt not only for all his work I used, but also for his support. Thanks! :)

Have fun!

Update log:
v1.03 - Added Cromwell
v1.02 - Added Alfred the Great and custom missionary, improved art of a couple units
v1.01 - Fixed a couple small XML errors, and added William the Conqueror
v1.0 - Initial release
  • mainscreen_PMU.jpg
    mainscreen_PMU.jpg
    925.2 KB · Views: 436
  • early_C8n.jpg
    early_C8n.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 218
  • middle_yT5.jpg
    middle_yT5.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 226
  • industrial_15b.jpg