Resource icon

Artificial Unintelligence 2016-10-05

Artificial Unintelligence
Latest version: v9 w/ mini-update, released 2015-01-09

Improves Civilization 5's Artificial Intelligence (Computer Players). Nothing more, nothing less. AI changes also indirectly affect citizen automation, worker automation, scout automation, and some starting plot finders.

Though the mod's scope is limited, the improved AI is immediately noticeable. From city placement to unit management, from choosing beliefs to voting on UN resolutions, from choosing ideologies to tech progression, from puppet-annex-raze logic to promotion choice, almost everything has been tweaked or overhauled in some way. The result is a much better AI, which, although still not without faults, can put up a much better fight without having to rely on bonuses.
Diplomacy AI is the only real exception, staying relatively unchanged because it's fairly hard to troubleshoot.

This is the Full version of the mod: it contains both XML and DLL modifications. As a result, the mod is not compatible with mods that modify the game's DLL (note that this mod contains all modifications introduced by Ninakoru's Smart AI).

In its current state, the full version works only with Brave New World primarily because I have not had the time to port my changes over to older DLL versions. It's definitely doable, I just haven't had the time yet.
The mod should be compatible with all other mods that do not change the DLL, as well as any and all non-expansion DLC's (though Mongolia does occasionally behave a bit oddly).

Complete changelog is located in the mod's folder (browse to it via My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Artificial Unintelligence).

Installation Instructions:
Extract the contents of the .zip file to your Civilization V mods directory (C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS by default). Remember to enable the mod in-game via the mods item in the main menu!

Links:
Forum Thread

Workshop Link to Full Version
Workshop Link to Lite Version (XML files only)

GitHub Repository for Source Code (Fully populated!)
All of my changes are wrapped in preprocessor directives using defines located in AuI.h. Parameters that have the word "FIX" in them are fixes for AI bugs or bad code (therefore merging them should be a priority).
Author
Delnar_Ersike
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Top Bottom