Resource icon

S Class Destroyer (WWI) 2016-10-05

The S class were a class of 67 destroyers built from 1917 for the Royal Navy. The design was based on the Admiralty modified R class and all ships had names beginning with S or T.

They were built in three discrete groups; the Admiralty S class comprised 55 vessels (excluding two that were cancelled) built in two batches that were ordered in May and June 1917 respectively, while seven vessels were built to a distinct design by Yarrow and five more to another distinct design by Thornycroft. All ships had two funnels, a long fo'c'sle and a tall bridge which, unusually, was located behind the break in the main deck. Most of these ships were commissioned after World War I, but only eleven survived to serve in World War II. The remainder were scrapped in the mid-to-late 1930s, in order to comply with the limit on total destroyer tonnage imposed by the London Treaty of 1930.

The file contains all the sounds and pcx files. Model is half my own creation because I modified a M Class Destroyer to look like the S Class. Wyrmshadow provided the animation files and Ares de Borg did the sounds. I merely put the pieces together and cleaned up the model for CivIII and added some what if pieces. A big thanks to everyone that helped out!
  • sclass_S51.jpg
    sclass_S51.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 652
Author
Delta_Strife
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Delta_Strife