Resource icon

Map of Erebus - FfH2 Map 2016-10-05

Here is my stab at creating an interesting, playable, and reasonably accurate (based on what little I know of the storyline) map for use with Kael's Fall from Heaven 2 mod.

Version 4 Uploaded 8-20-07

This huge map includes all playable civs (as of version .23). The leaders/civs included are:

Bannor - Sabathiel
Malakim - Varn Gosam
Elohim - Ethne the White
Luchuirp - Garrim Gyr
Kuriotates - Cardith

Ljosalfar - Thessa
Khazad - Kandros Fir
Lanun - Hannah the Irin
Grigori - Cassiel
Hippus - Tasunke
Amurites - Valledia the Even

Doviello - Charadon
Balseraphs - Perpentach
Clan of Embers - Sheelba
Calabim - Alexis
Sheaim - Tebryn Arbandi

I took care to balance the placement of good/neutral/evil civs. No civ should be totally surrounded by enemies nor entirely enclosed by friends. Most civs are on one main continent with the Lanun on a nearby island. Three civs (one good, one neutral and one evil) are placed on a separate continent. There should be enough room (and open civ slots) for Mercurians and Infernal to spawn.

Civs were placed according to their native land. Hippus are in a great central plain. Khazad are in a mountain range. Doviello are in the tundra, etc.

I did my best to arrange civs according to who their neighbors are in the storyline I found on the wiki. I was only able to find a description for Bannor (that the Clan of Embers were to their east, Doviello to their northwest, and Lunun in islands to the west). I also noticed that the Luchuirp have left the mountains, so I gave them a start on the east coast plain on the main continent. Their land is on a plain but it is adjacent to a mountain range showing where they came from.

Finally I tried to make the map conform to natural geographic characteristics with two large mountain chains running north and south situated in the east and the west of the main continent. In both cases the mountains divide greener land closer to the ocean and drier land in the interior. I also did my best to cluster resources to necessitate trade between civs.

I haven't tested the resource distribution too rigiorously, so if you play a civ that is disadvantaged resource-wise compared to the other civs, please let me know and I can fix it. The "development thread" is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=236321

If anyone has any suggestions at all, please let me know. Thanks!
I hope y'all enjoy it!

To use:
1. Download file and unzip map into Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps
2. Place CustomFunctions.py into Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 023\Assets\python (copy over the existing file, but be sure to back it up for use in random map games)
3. Load Fall from Heaven 2 Mod
4. Select "Start Scenario" (from either single player or multiplayer)
5. Pick "Map of Erebus - FfH2 Map"
  • erebus_map_0qu.jpg
    erebus_map_0qu.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 362
Author
OzzyKP
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 3 ratings