Resource icon

[BtS SDK] Don't show units over cities DLL 2016-10-05

Thread link

Description

I did a little modification to get an old Civ3 feature back so that units in cities are not displayed.
So city graphics can be seen properly.

- This is not an option! If this dll is used, units will never be displayed over cities if they are not selected.
To get rid of it just restore your old dll.

- It is possible to start using this dll in the middle of a game.

- Units in cities cannot be selected the normal way (left mouse button): They have to be selected via the context menu.
The context menu for a tile can by default be accessed by "shift + left mouse button" or,
if the respective option is activated (Civ4 options menu), by "right mouse button". Once a unit is selected,
the usual plot list will appear and units can be selected as normal. It is also possible to select units in the city screen.

Installation Instructions

This dll replaces the one located at "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll"
It is recommended to backup your current dll file (renaming it will work fine) before installing this version. Simply copy the new
version into the same folder, making sure the game isn't currently running. After that, simply play the game!

The source code for the changes is also included in a separate folder (SDK Source). If you are not a modder, you do not need these
files. There is no need to extract them from the zip file.

Version

This dll is the official Civ4 BtS 3.17 dll incorporating my little modification.
The source file which I changed is included in the SDK Source folder.
My change is in CvPlot.cpp indicated by a comment containing "77alex77".

Credits

The Installation Instructions are taken from the readme of Bhruic's inofficial 3.13 patch.
Author
77alex77
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Top Bottom