Resource icon

Ethnic Citystyles 2016-10-05

26/07/2008
Ethnic Citystyles
Beyond the Sword 3.17 - mod version 1.04

Description:
This mod is made to make the civilizations more culturally diverse with the available art made by freelance modders and unused art by Firaxis.
Basically, citysets of the different artstyle groups have been changed/altered until the Modern Era, where ever art was available for it. The future era has been made common for all artstyles. In some cases you'll still see the normal ingame cityset buildings, which means I haven't found art for those spots or I intended it to remain there. Also, for some units and buildings new .dds files are included which I felt made them look better without altering the basic model of it.
Besides citystyles, new facility art has been included for the different artstyles. This part is not finished yet since there's no art available for some artstyles/era's. Included are Sepamu92's fishingboat modcomponent and art has been replaced for some improvements too.

The new artstyles in this mod sofar are AFRICAN, EGYPTIAN, INDIAN, MEDITERRANEAN, RUSSIAN, VIKING, SOUTH-EAST ASIAN and NATIVE AMERICAN. Don't expect truly different citystyles in all cases tho, quite a number of them are hybrids, especially the Indian -and Khmer civ. The main new thing is that from the Industrial era on a mix of old and new city buildings are used. For instance in the Modern era you'll see Industrial city art and modern flats mixed for the European civs.

Installment:
Simply unzip the download to your Beyond the Sword/mods folder, check if there are NO double folders of "Ethnic Citystyles" (Beyond the Sword/mods/Ethnic Citystyles/Ethnic Citystyles). Lastly, check if your CivilizationIV.config and your CivilizationIV.ini files have Modular Loading enabled (should be 1).

Credits:
Credits:
Thanks for the unit, building -and improvement art in this mod (in alphabetic order) go to asioasioasio, Chamaedrys, cool3a2, C.Roland, Ganart, GarretSidsaka, Hadrean, hrochland, johny smith, Refar, Saschkin, Sepamu92, Sevo, Walter Hawkwood, White Rabbit, Woodelf, the FfH artteam and a bunch of other people I forgot. Sorry 'bout that. Debugging is persistently done by Mamba and Wolfshanze. ;-)

Feel free to include this package in whatever modification you're busy with, it's there to use.

Enjoy! :)
GeoModder
  • egypt_medieval_A5r.jpg
    egypt_medieval_A5r.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 436
  • russianindustrial_50U.jpg
    russianindustrial_50U.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 456
Author
GeoModder
Downloads
Views