ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

OOC: Their proof of being ethically sound often comes in the type of burning everyone that they say is ethically unsound, such as the group of people who claim that the Church is ethically unsound.

However, parceling blame around does not revive dead infantry units. (...)
And contrary to some popular opinion Duscha was not in control of the networks at the start of the year.
Arent' you blaming someone here? You weren't the only one to advise the Regency to take over the nukes...
I was saying that you counted the cost of lost infantry which was generally acknowledged to be mostly useless. It's not clear whether replacing it is necessary, therefore unclear whether the amount of lost money is needed.

OOC: I honestly don't see the big deal in reclamation either. I mean, if anyone finds the sceptre, they are going to keep it for themselves. Those things are probably worth waging war for.

Arent' you blaming someone here? You weren't the only one to advise the Regency to take over the nukes...
I was saying that you counted the cost of lost infantry which was generally acknowledged to be mostly useless. It's not clear whether replacing it is necessary, therefore unclear whether the amount of lost money is needed.

I was the first and the most insistent (though with some extra motives early on), but good point.
Anyway I'm ok with a little blame, I just don't think blaming anyone fighting symbiots should be reason for not funding them extravagently. But that's what we're doing so I guess that's moot. : )
I agree on the second as well, though I think the Garrison commander would probably be replacing it mostly in Grimson Legions to more than make up for the firepower which would be needed. Secondly unarmored infantry is not quite as useless within fortifications, though I too think they should not be bought back more than maybe fifty percent or so, but that's the Garrison Commander's domain.

diamondeye said:
OOC: I honestly don't see the big deal in reclamation either. I mean, if anyone finds the sceptre, they are going to keep it for themselves. Those things are probably worth waging war for.

OOC: I think they're more like valuable once you get more than 2, and I wouldn't wage a war to claim something, just defend it, but point, some people would. Regardless Klorin is a very legalistic house that prolly won't go back on this, so I want to back them up strongly which is only proper. I try to provide good service, as can be seen with the tech group running comms, making the first design, etc. (on that note we'll see if I received the 10mf overflow (if the Musters keep their words) once the stats are in).
Anyway since replies on this are all coming back OOC I don't want to get in the way of discussing Stigmata. This won't be an issue between the finder and the buyer of the reclamation rights and the supporting seller and can probably be solved with a moderate reward like I would've done if I'd hadn't and meanwhile I'll be making my lobbying rounds. On a seperate note it also has the effect of encouraging the buyer to search more vigorously and others to slacken efforts though it also encourages hiding it or selling it through a black market escrow. Finally, I think the Churches can definitely be convinced it is an immoral stance not to support such rights, even if it takes me a while. And in the long run I believe it would strengthen them.

Anyway I think this might be moot... Immac probably thought we meant anyone who slogged through a ton of Eevis would have to hand it over for free. This was more like a half sell. Whoever finds it would likely receive a moderately handsome ransom from Klorin.

House Klorin would like to know why the Churches and the Guilds are opposed to the Legal Transfer of a scepter?

Indeed. Sadly, events on Klorinheim destroyed the chance that Garrison had in developing magical troops that could teleport explosives directly into the hives. So we shall go for a consolation prize, although I would appreciate it if a magic-capable noble house can assist the garrison's magic development.
Would you care to elaborate? What in Klorinheim hindered what plan? Or do you mean Hubbard?

House Tsedeq could bring a pair of thaumaturg Charoum covens with access to air mana to Hubbard if the Garrison needs them. They are limited, but might help a tiny bit in a support role. We could also develop a new coven with access to body magic that could help regeneration and recuperation facilities in addition to air or enchantment magic (the latter might provide some kind of automation on otherwise inanimate objects although I'm unsure how effective that could be), but that would take 2 years and some funding (1 year to develop the project, another to build them).

OOC: Anyways Immac, we think maybe you thought we expected someone would just slog through several thousand Eevis then hand it over for nothing? We both expect it's more like half a buy. I mean if anyone finds it after killing a lot of Eevi... I've talked to Thomas and Klorin has the same view on rewards as we do. It'd be more like the second half of a buy.

Would you care to elaborate? What in Klorinheim hindered what plan? Or do you mean Hubbard?

House Tsedeq could bring a pair of thaumaturg Charoum covens with access to air mana to Hubbard if the Garrison needs them. They are limited, but might help a tiny bit in a support role. We could also develop a new coven with access to body magic that could help regeneration and recuperation facilities in addition to air or enchantment magic (the latter might provide some kind of automation on otherwise inanimate objects although I'm unsure how effective that could be), but that would take 2 years and some funding (1 year to develop the project, another to build them).

Brother Cabil had agreed to, with Garrison funding, teach dimensional magic to the Barrack instructors at Hubbard facility. Unfortunately due to a small problem, a coup, he regretfully oformed us that he could not do so.

If you are willing develop dimensional magic for the Garrison, the purpose of which is to teleport thermonuclear device into a symbiot hive without risking soldier's lives, that would be much appreciated.

As for the other suggestion, we have contracted the Koriate house to hire medics trained in the art of spirit and life magic.

House Klorin would like to know why the Churches and the Guilds are opposed to the Legal Transfer of a scepter?

First, Spoils of War is a legal way of getting rights. So anyone who defeats the scepter's thieves has legally a right to keep all that they took as spoils of war.
If house Naprous (or Klorin) wants it back, they should pay the retrievers for it.
Second, any house attacking the people or nobles of a house under an interdict could do so without endangering their souls or drawing the displeasure of the Church, so the Church certainly doesn't care what house Klorin may do right now since they are under an interdict.

Not recognizing our basic ownership of it is de facto and de jure approval of theft, assault and murder. With their moral high ground of burning girls for being a bit late to report wrongdoings the Church might not want to encourage assassinations, banditry and immoral oppertunism.

It is good to reduce the number of freemen by providing them for them. It is questionable to scavenge the Western Authority continent when there is no owner (though it is true times are dire), but it is outright scandalous to aid and abet assassinations, warfare, banditry and piracy by acknowleding illegal transfers of property, especially property bound to the lives of people, noble people!

Or perhaps we should not recognize that Grimkill's scepter should go to the guilds? Is it first come, first serve? Is it a Darwinian battlefield, or do we live in a society

The guilds make no claim to Grimkill's scepter; they would love to be able to do so but are afraid any claim they make is laughable and unrealistic. IF the church has the scepter, there is NO way they will give it up for such high-minded moralities.

Remember, the philosophy of the age is akin to our European 800-1200s. Right of conquest is pretty much universally recognized and force is the final arbitrator in most disputes. The reason the church is right in many issues is because its got the flame guns and popular support. Nobles rule through fear or power; serfs know no other option and don't question it.

Plenty flows from power which provides plenty.

As for laws; there are precious few. 1) don't piss off the church. 2) don't get caught.

Also: a scepter is an EXTREMELY valuable item as it allows two things otherwise not possible:
1) instantaneous communication across worlds: this is faction changing ability and is currently not duplicatable by other means.
2) voting for regency. controlling 4 votes is way better than controlling 1 or 2 and may secure an imperial position with all the power, perks and potential for corruption that entails.

EDIT: I am not sure that the church is supposed to come off as being terribly benign; they are protective of your soul but they don't give out candy and foot-rubs or anything.

Humanity is doomed ;P... yer awesome Immac, but then I always had a thing for old-school D&D GMS and dystopias. The Church is worse than IRL tho at that time, it ferociously debated and eventually condemned the crusades just two hundred years after they began (though the northern Crusades and the Reconquista were still under way).
Anyway it's ok, turns out we had some misunderstandings I'd love to rant about since I felt I was very nice (not asking them to pay for nothing oc (that would be horrible service). Was actually letting Klorin off the hook of 17mf for what turned out to be worth little to nothing, but that wasn't appreciated), but let's just move on.

Free for all scepter hunt!

To the Orthodoxy
From House Texier

We intend to assert ownership over your abandoned fiefdom to our south, and we would like confirmation if possible that this fief is indeed abandoned and no longer counted as Church property.

To the Fleet and Garrison
From House Texier

Once we have asserted control over this former Orthodoxy fiefdom, it is our intention if you wish this that we should push forward into your lands and bring them back under your possession. Would you like us to do this?

To the Regent
From House Texier

If you do try to secure diplomatic relations with the Evvis, remember that we are the best diplomats of all and so you are free to come to our fiefdom and borrow a team of diplomats for the purpose if you see fit.

To House Klorin and the buyer of the Klorin fief on Errovus Secondus
From House Texier

We will not outbid the current bid of 16MF for your fief on Errovus Secondus, but we would like to know from one of you by private channels, if possible, who the new owner of this fief is, because as they will necessarily be hard pressed in military terms we may be able to help them or otherwise do business with them.

The Royal Cabinet is temporarily closed for observation. It will be re-opened in due course.

Could the Evvis bond to one? And if so, do they get to vote in elections? :lol:

Yes an yes. Votes are secret after all. it will also allow private direct communication.

Top Bottom