Guess the New Civs

I know who they were and what they are today. Its the last thing this game needs in it.

@seasnake
Agreed.

For some reason, perhaps being a bit obsessive person, I dreamed since CiV release that in the end there would be exactly 50 playable Civs. No more No less :D

If you were going to get up to 50 civs, what would they be?

We have 30 known: The playable 25 and the 5 confirmed for Civ V.

So we're stumping for 6 more (a double DLC + rest of XPac)

1) Zulu
2) Ethiopia
3) Khazars
4) Sioux
5) Kongo
6) Portugal

So that leaves 14. I'll have a go at a list here:

1) Mississippi
2) Majahapit
3) Assyria
4) Hittite
5) Sumeria
6) Chola
7) Parthia
8) Cherokee
9) Austria

So I'm up to 45. But I'm out of ideas...

I know who they were and what they are today. Its the last thing this game needs in it.

Oh, I see.

"The theory that the majority of Ashkenazi Jews are the descendants of the non-Semitic converted Khazars was advocated by various racial theorists and antisemitic sources in the late-19th and 20th centuries, especially following the publication of Arthur Koestler's The Thirteenth Tribe. Despite recent genetic evidence to the contrary, and a lack of any real mainstream scholarly support, this belief is still popular among anti-semites."

If not mentioning the ones you chose, perhaps:

1) Finland
2) Anasazi (Puebloan)
3) Apache
4) Israel
5) Kushan
6) Phoenicia
7) Romania
8) Poland
10) Sumer
11) Sweden
12) Tibet
13) Timurid
14) Australia or even Inuit

Check the link in my signature :)
Unfortunately I have not updated the list since last August. So those are pretty undeveloped/old ideas, but there a lots of good ones and especially lots of links worth checking out and learning more.

DNA tests have confirmed time and again that Ashkenazi Jews and Sephardic Jews are in fact of the same blood line.

I don't want to derail the thread any further, so I'll just say this in support of the Khazar nation: The Khazars were a superpower of their time and more than just a barbarian group, they actually made the transition from nomad to civilization better than many other groups and the height of their power the Khazar Khagan was recognized as the fourth great emperor along with the Frankish King, the Byzantine Emperor and the Caliph of Baghdad.

If not mentioning the ones you chose, perhaps:

1) Finland
2) Anasazi (Puebloan)
3) Apache
4) Israel
5) Kushan
6) Phoenicia
7) Romania
8) Poland
10) Sumer
11) Sweden
12) Tibet
13) Timurid
14) Australia or even Inuit

Check the link in my signature :)
Unfortunately I have not updated the list since last August. So those are pretty undeveloped/old ideas, but there a lots of good ones and especially lots of links worth checking out and learning more.

I think I'd pick:

1) Minoan
2) Phoenician
3) Zimbabwe
4) Timurid
5) Poland

The Khazars would certainly be a good "Asian Steppe" Civ since they have a distinct culture and some things that make them unique - the whole Judaism thing, how much is true is rather irrelevant since it's the myth that counts.

Other possibilities are more dynasties - the Timurids, the Moghuls, to a degree also the Seljuks - and don't really fit into it with unique city lists. I would really love to see a medieval West/Central/South Asian empire as for example the Safwawids (Muslim Persia) or the Moghuls seem not representated either with the Persia and India we have. India especially could use a second civ since it is such a diverse country.

I agree, other possibilities are Ashoka with the Maurya, although that again would be more of a Dynasty which is a big problem with most non-European civs... They could always do a bastardized version of India with the Mughal, see the Holy Roman Empire in Civ 4.

My Dark Horse however would be the Chola*, getting away from Northern India and also incorporating the Tamilese and the Sri Lanka Region. But I guess, a Indonesian Civ is more likey before them... ;)

*Hmm, funny, the English wikipedia lists them as a Tamil Dynasty, while the other wikis list them as Chola Empire... ;)

The mongols lasted 162 years :crazyeye:

no, it was previously divided. the mongolian world empire lasted clearly under 100 years;)

Another note on the Soviets as new civ

...there is no Soviet culture, which is one of the basis for having a civilization.

Are you kidding? of course the SU has his own culture

The Byzantines had their own distinct culture from ancient Greece.

But they have not their own distinct culture from the Late Roman empire. First the Romans moved their capital to Byzanz, then the empire was divided. Also they had the same citynames like Greece, Rome, Arabs, Egypt...so its the same to make a GB civ and England civ.

BTW, as much as I'd like to have a general suggestions thread, they might want you to post those here. This thread is technically about who you think they'll include (or at least have a shot of including). :)

I am a little late on this, but yea I would welcome the Khazars as well! A great choice unlike the the commonly suggested Huns/Timur.

Khazars would also fit very well in this expansion.

well I'd love if firaxis finally filled middle asia with something because it always looks empty on real starting location maps.
Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan would be a good choice. The first horseback riding was in this region. One of the first iron smelting and creation of iron weapons was also in this middle asia region. But well developers of civ always ignored this part of the world lol

Choosing civs to fill the world map is the worst way to choose civs.

well middle asia has a history not smaller than most of european countries, so I don't know what is the "better" way to choose civ in ur opinion

Generally speaking, it's very easy to find a surplus of reasons to put those civs in.
The usual issue isn't lack of a reason, but lack of players knowing of the region.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion man."

Here's mine: :)
I would choose Zulu and Ethiopia (which I stated a few pages back) as two of my picks, partially to fill out the Earth map better. Can't be a worse way than by how I chose the Pheonicians. It's a game, not National Geographics, list of top 30 civilizations ever.

Top Bottom