Just for fun.

gozpel

Couch-potato (fortified)
When you beat Immortal on a tough map, you get a silly score...just because you didn't build enough wonders and didn't expand/grow enough.

So, I figured I'm tired of all these AI rushing you-games and decided to play settler.

On huge Terra map with one AI and I have to say, it's even better than builders heaven. Win victory is for Time only and when you get so big, that the computer is struggling....go to options and turn everything OFF in graphics and you still play and finally win.

If you want to better your best score EVER, just play it like this.

With 122 cities and one AI city, it's a bit boring. But it outscores anything you've done before. Just use the queue system and "automatic workers after telling them not to change stuff already done"

My scores so far are better than the Emp/Imm great wins.

But after all, I DO play serious games, these are just for lazyness and they're not really boring. Just keep an eye on that fearful AI all the time, and you'll be fine. :)

It's ok, when you don't want to start up a new game and you have music playing.

I'm doing it on a large map at quick speed currently and it's really tough as it takes so long. Won't ever do it again after I finished that one :p

Always remember this though:
-Be careful with the United Nations :D
-Be aware that letting the enemy one city is not enough; it has to be his capital.

I'm doing it on Huge and Terra right now, with Askia. Going to break townrecord, if I get to the other continent, 3 scouts are there looking for settlers.

Graphics in this game is ridicuolous, compare it with Skyrim?

Well, I'm persistant and continue playing this game with lower graphics, when needed.

I'm playing Epic btw, just to get some extra crunch out of my 2 medieval units. :lol:

FeiLing: Play on slower speed and bigger maps, if you want to make big scores.

hmmm... might try that after I finish with this game... I'm playing a hotseat game with a team... not done that before...

I think that's one of the strengths of Civ V, that you can play different things and different styles in so many ways, and not get bored!

As a player who chickens out when he gets owned, I stay on mostly Chieftain and Warlord. Settler is fun, but it gets to easy.

Chieftain is more difficult (obviously) but easy enough to still win.

I think Warlord has a near perfect balance, I've noticed a lot of the time that the AI is close enough in terms of science, but you still have the upper hand, and I think once G&K comes out, I'll stick to Warlord for a while mostly because I wanna have the full intrigue and the diplo effects of Freedom, Order and Autocracy, and on Chieftain I get so ahead of the other Civs that I won't get them because they're still back in Reinassance.

I find that Prince is a lot better, Warlord is way too easy. I think that Prince is kind of easy too but I dislike the whole 'let's give the ai some bonuses' instead of them just fighting better.

I plan a Settler game just for the achievement. Probably as Gandhi or someone else I can get the win achievement for but don't find interesting enough to want to devote to a full-length 'real' game.

Have an ongoing game with Harald to complete first though.

After several games of Settler I realised it became "too" easy, so I jacked up to Chieftain (which, sadly, still playing, but now that I learned to manually work my workers I think I can handle Warlord soon)

I think the main issue with Settler is that the difficutly supresses the AI's aggresivness, only 1 in 100 times will AI ever declare war on you, making the games "too easy" because the element of surprise is completely gone. Not to mention you get so ahead in Tech that it's also boring.

While Chieftain is very similiar, the AI begins attacking you, and is ahead enough, but still you can rocket yourself into Future while they are still in Renaissance.

I have 4 cities in my current game...on turn 19! Huge map.

Continents.

I really like Terra more though, should I continue? Maybe 3 Scarchers will help.

Ok, up to turn 200 on Epic Huge map continent as Askia, with low waterlevels.

I'm going to crush my best (122 cities on large map) atm 62 cities and not even half of my continent settled.

Not really exciting to play like this, only for fun until the computer croaks and I have to turn off the graphics. But I will get my highest highscore this way, my normal games are pathetic :lol:

Btw, no CS is even better, so much room to expand and so many barbhuts to take...I think I'm planting a town every turn now and still at around 50happy, thanks to connected cities.

I'm going to try to go all the way to timevictory,I already see the "grey tiles" and if I get polkadots, I suppose I'll have to quit.

Ok, up to turn 200 on Epic Huge map continent as Askia, with low waterlevels.

I'm going to crush my best (122 cities on large map) atm 62 cities and not even half of my continent settled.

Not really exciting to play like this, only for fun until the computer croaks and I have to turn off the graphics. But I will get my highest highscore this way, my normal games are pathetic :lol:

Btw, no CS is even better, so much room to expand and so many barbhuts to take...I think I'm planting a town every turn now and still at around 50happy, thanks to connected cities.

I'm going to try to go all the way to timevictory,I already see the "grey tiles" and if I get polkadots, I suppose I'll have to quit.

I think grey tiles is just the fault of the engine, Large and Huge maps, I always encounter grey tiles.

I'm doing it on a large map at quick speed currently and it's really tough as it takes so long. Won't ever do it again after I finished that one :p

Jez...

I had a bug with negative beakers, so I decided to save and restart the game.
Then the game crashed every time I tried to load that save. Spent like 2 days already on that game (was at around 225 of 330 turns). MAN... was I pissed oO.

Luckily I just got it to load earlier by setting all graphics to low/off - still took about 5 minutes to load but it worked without crashing - YES!

(8GB RAM, HD5850, Q6600, 1920x1200 - large map, about a hundred workers and about 130 cities)

Hope I can finish it today... still need to farm like 1/5th of the map, but then I can pretty much hit enter for the rest of the turns.

So an important tip when you do something like this: Do not close the game - do it in one big session even if that takes a few days :D

Also: ALWAYS keep a Great Scientist in case your beakers go into the negative (did a future tech in 1 turn due to 19.000 bpt but suddenly a future tech would need 11 turns because somehow the numbers for it were -186.000 / 6800 beakers :crazyeye:). By using the great scientist that number got cleared to 0/6800, so my next techs will be one per turn again :)

Good job! :)

You don't have to play this every day, I just throw in an hr or two when I can't be bothered to play another demanding game.

FeiLing, sometimes the computer will croak whatever you do, save and restart fixes most of those problems.

Yesterday I just did 10 turns and the comp croaked, but it was late and I couldn't be bothered to restart with Graphic changes. But today I most likely will. :)

Go to the end, even if it takes you a month between serious games and you will look at that score and say: WTF!

Just because we can.

And I want better highscores.

So I suck at Dominating stuff, so I found my own way of dealing with it.

And lastly, why even bother answering in a thread, if you have no opinion?

Finally. Done. 30087 points.

Time, Settler, Quick, Large, Inland Sea, Napoleon

Had 8 Maritime CS in this game (average would be 6.67 so that's not too uncommon. Guess if one is very lucky it could be even 10 or 11. Puppeted all of them
on the last turn, so I had 144 cities at the end of the game averaging at 34 population/size which equals a total of 4923 citizens giving 23630 points (4.8 points per citizen).

Spoiler :

Gallery of 23 pictures (unsorted)): http://imgur.com/a/GsEpL

Never again. I think I have another tip for those who attempt something like this: If the savegame won't load but crash the game instead, try to load/start another game of the same map size and preferably with the same leader (along with setting everything to low for the graphics) - I believe this might cache some of the stuff needed and eventually make your actual game load when you load it from within that other game instead of loading it directly from the main menu.

edit) just found out about the games view replays/stats/graph function (in the main menu under "Other" --> View Replay:

A few more graphs: http://imgur.com/a/03usN

Yeah, as much as this is labelled 'just for fun'...that doesn't look fun. :ack:

Then define "fun"?

I can agree this setup is a lot of work, as the next poster TheQuasar said. But having France attacking you every turn on Immortal for no reason, is that fun? You've done it already so many times, and it never changes. It's not fun anymore.

FeiLing decided this was fun to try and look at the score: 30087 points.

I'm beaten by 5000 points from my first play, Excellent play FeiLing!

Now I have to beat that! Slowly.

I think you gentlemen might have a problem :D

To be honest though playing immortal does annoy me, I keep having to rage quit everytime something doesn't work out.

Top Bottom