What's the basic idea behind increasing the size of the map?

Indeed, it's very simple :D
Changes will be in this file :
XML/GameInfo/Civ4WorldInfo.xml

<iGridWidth>26</iGridWidth>
<iGridHeight>42</iGridHeight>

I think you know what you must change :). Try to keep proportions!

Indeed, it's very simple :D
Changes will be in this file :
XML/GameInfo/Civ4WorldInfo.xml

<iGridWidth>26</iGridWidth>
<iGridHeight>42</iGridHeight>

I think you know what you must change :). Try to keep proportions!

Thanks a lot. :) I have not tried to edit anything yet, and before I do, I've got a few questions if you don't mind. 1. What does XML/Gameinfor/civ4worldinfo.xml refer to? I'm under the impression that I must directly change the size of a premade map which I opened and saved in the worldbuilder. Is that correct? Also, for the map idea I have in mind, the map should be wider than it is tall. You encourage me to keep the proportions, will that be a problem? w = 125 & H = 75. Thanks a bunch :D

When the game is started, it takes all informations in the Xml files.
So with the civ4worldinfo.xml, the game knows that a small map has iGridWidth = 26 and iGridHeight = 42.

So you change this file once, and every time you will start a game, maps will be created with your own proportions.

You encourage me to keep the proportions, will that be a problem?
It was just an advice, I never tested without keep proportions.

At that point I would save a particular map with world builder?

There are some other complications which seem to arise. Here are some of my problems. Maybe you know of their solutions?
1. World Builder Saves restrict nation leadership and native locations to the ones and the places which you saved it as. I really like what the TAC maps did, in how their maps play normally with random natives and your choice of leaders. You know how to do that?
2. When i place a back to Europe square, it works fine. But newly bought ships spawn at a far distant location than my colony. I guess this has to do with starting locations. How would I move the start location of a player?
3. TAC was able to randomly spawn goody huts and bonus'es on suitable terrain. I would like to know how to do that with my map.
4. I would like to be able to make my map compatible with TAC by allowing for the Find the Pacific event and so on.

Just so you know... I plan on creating very detailed maps of the new world for the players enjoyment. My first goal is to create a map of Eastern North America, which would be more enjoyable for players looking to play the realistic locations of the English. I have extensive map making experience from Civilization 3, and also from Starcraft 1, and Warcraft 1. I've made at least 100 maps in these games combined. There is a HUGE difference between those games, and this one. That is, those had easy to use and understand world editors. People who played my maps, expressed enjoyment at doing so. I look forward to sharing my ability with the Civ4Col community, but I need help from those of you who know how to do these things. If I don't lose interest, your help will be rewarded with very playable maps for the game. Thanks in advance! :king:

Simply create the map you want with Worldbuilder.

Then you need to edit the WorldbuilderSaves with a text editor.
(The "Head" part.)

Take a close look at the WorldbuilderSaves of TAC and you should understand.
It really is pretty easy once you have understood the mechanisms. :thumbsup:

Sadly no WorldbuilderSaves you create with TAC will be playable with Religion and Revolution without massively reworking it. :(
(We have more Players, more Terrains, more Terrain-Features, more ...)

Are you guys building new maps for the RandR mod?

It is intended. :)

But currently there is too much other stuff that needs to be done first.
(It is even possible, that we will add even more Terrains and Terrain features than we already did.)

Until now, we only adjusted the existing ones of TAC to work with our mod.
(Added the new Terrain and Terrain Features, corrected number of players, ...)

Mapscripts have been heavily adjusted, too.

We have the new mapsize "Gigantic" which is really extremely big and allows to be played with all of our 36 Players.

It would be great if we had historically correct maps for that some day.

I'm working on a simple 40x80 North American map right now. It covers Eastern North America, from Central Texas to the Atlantic. It goes far enough north to see only the souther tip of Baffen Island, the island above Hudson Bay. It goes far enough south to see a little bit of the ocean beyond the Panama Canal, parts of Venezuela and Colombia. I planned on working on a 80x120 to start, but decided to start small as I get used to the world builder.

When I'm done with the 40x80, I'll let you guys see it, and if you're impressed, it won't be too big a deal to add some more terrain and features to it. My current plan is to do a 40x80. Once done, I'm gonna expand it to either a 60x90 or an 80x120. Once I get used to this games world builder, it might be fun to try making a Gigantic map. Whats the proportions (#x#) you plan for Gigantic?

Whats the proportions (#x#) you plan for Gigantic ?

Currently "Mapsize Gigantic" is implemented with 100x200.
But maybe this might change again. :dunno:

Let me know if they change.

For a map already created the XML-settings (in Civ4WorldInfo.xml) for a Mapsize considering dimensions do not matter.

Top Bottom