Bugs/Error reports

hello everybody,

i have a "stupid" problem, and y search same problem in this thread but i dont fond it.
I load a mod with problem but i dont see any text. Main screen text, game text (city, unit, technologies, etc....), and message box.
i think that font problem but i dont know what fix it.
Thank for all

Same Problem here, when I start a new game, there is no text visible in the menus. I've downloaded version 5.1 and my BTS version is 3.19.

Thanks.

You are probably not playing the English version of the game.

Actually, it's probably my fault, because the Wormholes text file is not formatted correctly with all five languages. Oops.

Try installing the patch below. It contains only one file, but is packaged so that you just need to copy-paste the "MOO2Civ 5.1" directory into Beyond the Sword\Mods.

Attachments

• Wormholes Patch.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 276
Yes, i'm playing the German version.

I tried your patch but unfortunatly it didn't help, there are still no texts visible. :(
I also tried version 5.0 of moo2civ, but there is the same problem.

And I just wanted that good old moo-feeling back. :sad:

hello every body
in first step TC01 thank for your patch, in my pc dont work, but you help me a fixed, is very simple, i change de lenguaje game to english it WORK!!! and i can play a moo2 mods
Thank you very much and i hope help somebody

Yes, i'm playing the German version.

I tried your patch but unfortunatly it didn't help, there are still no texts visible. :(
I also tried version 5.0 of moo2civ, but there is the same problem.

And I just wanted that good old moo-feeling back. :sad:

As indicated, MOO2Civ is made for the English version and may not work with other language versions. (I´ll add a note to that effect with the next version.)

LAGGG!!!

Is it just me or is 5.1 beta many order of magnitudes laggier than 5.0 beta? From the very start of the game it seems

Just as a test, on the same comp, within minutes of each other I ran a huge game using spiralgalaxy (because the wormholes map had even worse lag) in 5.0 compared to a standard sized game in 5.1. The 5.0 ran faster still.

I'm guessing there's a whole bunch more python code in 5.1? Or is it the addition of new GUI features?

Odd... I´ve been playing a Huge Spiral Galaxy Wormhole map (which I usually do), but haven´t noticed this...

Anyone else experiencing more lag?

It may just be your comp is more capable then mine? :) But I'm curious what might be the cause in terms of new code, from 5.0 to 5.1...

Could be... I do have a new pc, coz the old one died on me... As for new code, that should be in TC01´s Wormhole for MOO2Civ. (I did playtest v. 5.1 on my old pc and didn´t notice the kind of lag as you´re describing, so I can´t really say anything about it other than what he mentioned on his thread.)

I suppose Wormholes could increase the lag a bit.

a. It adds a new Tutorial event. This means a new boolean is added to the game script data, and the more script data the more lag.

b. It adds additional code to be called whenever units move- it checks for wormholes.

I think a is more likely than b, because there is already a lot of onUnitMove code and I can't see Wormholes adding too much to that.

I have a problem with the latest moo2civ5.1.

I have a windows 7 - 64 bit system and beyond the sword is running normally with patch 3.19 final.
I have auto-installed the mod, an loaded hte mod from the regular beyond the sword game. It is starting, but from the menu only the box is there. I can't see any of the items, even though they are selectable.

The same problem does appear in the other menu...

Is there something missing? an older update or patch?
Loooking forward for help ;)

Sounds like a faulty install. Where´s your BtS located? (The auto-installer assumes it´s in C:/Program Files/Civ 4; if you have Civ4 installed in another spot, you need to correct the auto-install path to there. You can do this during the install.)

I noticed an annoying bug when playing the Darloks in the Antaran I (Spiral) scenario: the infamous can´t-build-building-when-capturing-a-star-system bug, which I thought was eliminated ages ago. It didn´t show up during playtesting, obviously, but I also haven´t found what´s causing it again after being absent so long. So it looks like I may have to upload another patch, although I can´t remember right now what was originally causing it and what´s supposed to fix it (or if that helps here even)... :confused:

So if anybody else remembers, I´d appreciate a heads up. :shifty:

I have a problem with the latest moo2civ5.1.

I have a windows 7 - 64 bit system and beyond the sword is running normally with patch 3.19 final.
I have auto-installed the mod, an loaded hte mod from the regular beyond the sword game. It is starting, but from the menu only the box is there. I can't see any of the items, even though they are selectable.

The same problem does appear in the other menu...

Is there something missing? an older update or patch?
Loooking forward for help

It isn´t that there´s something missing, since v. 5.1 includes al previous patches/updates, and I´m using Windows 7 - 64 bit system w/BtS 3.19 myself. ;)

I noticed an annoying bug when playing the Darloks in the Antaran I (Spiral) scenario: the infamous can´t-build-building-when-capturing-a-star-system bug, which I thought was eliminated ages ago. It didn´t show up during playtesting, obviously, but I also haven´t found what´s causing it again after being absent so long. So it looks like I may have to upload another patch, although I can´t remember right now what was originally causing it and what´s supposed to fix it (or if that helps here even)... :confused:

So if anybody else remembers, I´d appreciate a heads up. :shifty:

It is caused by a mis-match in what buildings the DLL thinks are in the star system and what buildings the Python has on the planets in the star system. (Exactly why the mismatch causes this issue has, as far as I know, never been determined. But you don't really need to know why, just that it does.)

Assuming you are still using a DLL that does building deletions when a "city" is captured, you really ought to have all of your buildings set to have an iConquestProb of 100 (100% chance to survive the star system's capture). The actual building deletion is done in the Python, via onCityAcquired in CvFinalFrontierEvents.py. You really do not want the DLL to be deleting buildings since it does not delete them from the Python planet data. The Python function adjusts both locations.

Another possible related issue is caused by capturing the capital when it is not the last star system. The DLL will move the Capitol building without any notification to the Python. This is fixed in FFP via a DLL change that causes the moving of the Capitol to fire off the onBuildingBuilt event for the new location, which gets it added to the current build planet of the new star system. It might be possible to implement some workaround purely in Python, like when a star system is captured check to see which star system is the capital of the civilization which just had its star system taken and make sure that one of the planets in that system has a Capitol building on it.

Also: You may have never seen it, but you probably have nuke related issues if you have such a weapon/effect in the game. I don't remember if there is or not. Regular FF, and FFP, have the Doomsday Missile; the Star Trek mod has a building that has a meltdown probability. Either of these things happening can cause this problem too since the DLL wipes out buildings without the corresponding changes to the Python data. One thigns that can keep you from seeing this is that missile carrying ships controlled by the AI do not carry missiles so the AI using such a weapon is pretty unlikely (this will be fixed in the next version of FFP). There is a fix for this posted in some thread in the Star Trek forum, if you need it.

Assuming you are still using a DLL that does building deletions when a "city" is captured, you really ought to have all of your buildings set to have an iConquestProb of 100 (100% chance to survive the star system's capture). The actual building deletion is done in the Python, via onCityAcquired in CvFinalFrontierEvents.py.

So I guess I´ll have to check all buidings. (It wasn´t a capitol bug and MOO2Civ has nukes standard disabled.) I have zero experience in DLL editing, otherwise I´d just make it so buildings aren´t deleted on capture... Thanks. ;) (The odd thing is AFAIK buildings haven´t been edited since way back when, and I thought this had been corrected before, which makes it odd the issue should suddenly pop up again... )

EDIT: I´ve just checked, but how do I edit a python file? When I click it, there´s no Open with selection button...

:lol: Already found a python editor, thanks anyway. But... I checked the XML building list and all buildings listed have an onConquestProb of 100 already... :crazyeye:

but with v.5.3 there seems to be a box at the bottom of the options list, on the custom game screen that is checked by default when I go to start a game. Unfortunately there is absolutely no text explaining what option is chosen. Any clues?

Also, I had a strange disappearing star bug (all star images gone and, on the city screen, all buildings already on planet gone, plus no population showing for planets) that would show up when I reloaded a saved game. Re-installing mod seems to have fixed this one.

I really like this mod. Thanks for the work you have done, and I hope RL allows you the time to continue working on it. :goodjob:

I cannot seem to get the installer to work. If I click on it, it just says that "This file contains invalid data".

Any suggestions?

Top Bottom