MTDG3 Warmup Game 2 (w/Double Turn mod)

I think he means, can you log in as many times as you want during your part of the turn while at war?
Thanks LP. Yes, I must have read (mis-read?) that the mod only allowed 1 login while at war. Instead, the mod allows unlimited log ins while you are at war, but only in your 'half' and only until you hit 'end of turn'.

Is that right?

Pinging my address should work now.

It feels a lot like a periodic network congestion problem, or maybe a flickering connection, probably close to my end. I'm on cable which is notorious for quality problems. Running something that pings me for a minute or two to see if it's dropping off periodically might help. I might also look for a quality of service diagnostic that I can run from my end.

If it keeps taking 10 minutes to login, I might need to ask for a replacement. I'll keep trying though, have been missing playing pitboss games. :(

Pinging my address should work now.

It feels a lot like a periodic network congestion problem, or maybe a flickering connection, probably close to my end. I'm on cable which is notorious for quality problems. Running something that pings me for a minute or two to see if it's dropping off periodically might help. I might also look for a quality of service diagnostic that I can run from my end.

If it keeps taking 10 minutes to login, I might need to ask for a replacement. I'll keep trying though, have been missing playing pitboss games. :(

You should be able to both ping and traceroute my ip now, Dave. I've opened the entire spectrum of ICMP packets to your ip based on what I got as response from the dyndns.org address provided. Hope it helps. If you are still unable to ping me, then please add me @ skype (morten.watto - I will edit this away as soon as it's no longer needed, so please let me know the results as soon as possible) and I will open ICMP packets globally while you're at your computer so we can test it immediately allowing me to close down ICMP packets again afterwards. I really don't want ICMP packets to be accepted globally by my router for most likely obvious reasons, even though it is a highly secure router (pfSense which is a FreeBSD based routing software).

For the record, these are my results (I aborted after 6 packets, as the results were pretty stable at 193/194 ms in my first attempt too):

6 packets transmitted, 6 received, 0% packet loss, time 5025ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 193.705/194.015/194.364/0.353 ms

Test complete, I got between 193 and 200 ms which matches your results.
Now if I only knew what the tolerance of pitboss is. ;)

I'm also running a "smokeping" test, which is showing occasional packet loss. If the pitboss protocol has trouble with lost packets, that might explain it.

One problem I'm noticing already for a game with more than one person per civ - I've got limited times when I can log into the game, and I haven't been able to check it in several days because Dave has always ended turn before I can get to it (so it's always Filon's part of the timer). Thus, I'm always booted when I try to get a look at what's going on.

Translate this into 70+ people playing on some teams, at least a dozen or so of which will want to log into the game on any given turn, and you have a problem. Teams will basically be forced to not end the turn (perpetually letting the timer run out), or else many of their members won't get a chance to analyse the situation in-game. Yes, you can take screenshots, but you can't reasonably take screenshots of every single screen every single turn - and even if you did, it's far less efficient than just letting your team members log in to check things out for themselves.

I notice that someone had try the "wall" ... this function of the portal allows you to send public message in an anonymous way. there's no need to be anonymous , but if you want you can. In games where the players do not know how's how its very interesting.
Take notice that game admin can check hows really posting in the wall anonymously , so please do not be rude or offensive ;)

Whereas I am having trouble logging in. I connect and load fine, and then when the game loads it immediately crashes back to main menu before I can do anything. Not sure if the problem is on my side or what. Games run fine in single player though.

Whereas I am having trouble logging in. I connect and load fine, and then when the game loads it immediately crashes back to main menu before I can do anything. Not sure if the problem is on my side or what. Games run fine in single player though.
check in aptmod.com if its your turn , theres a green aside the game name when you can play, a grey one when y cant and a red one when you already play this turn

Magno, do you want us to let you know when messages and information comes through in Spanish that still needs to have an English translation? There are messages that keep showing up in the apt emails that are in Spanish.

For example, the email I got today for the new turn had the following:

Doble turno ilegal
Doble turno ilegal
You have declared war on DaveShack!

I'm assuming those first two should read "Illegal Double Turn"? Though not sure why the message would be coming through anyway, since there hasn't been anything like that.
EDIT: Oh, I just realized the notifications of the double turn isn't because I made a double turn. It's announcing that "someone" tried to log in when it wasn't their turn. So I guess it's just a general notification, and this one related to Filon trying to log in when it wasn't his turn?

Also, those same types of messages show up on the website in the event log. So those need to be translated too:

Turn Message
13 Comienza el turno BC-3220
12 Doble turno ilegal
12 You have declared war on DaveShack!
12 Doble turno ilegal
12 Comienza el turno BC-3280
11 Comienza el turno BC-3340

I'm at war with HitAnyKey now, so (at least) 2 wars. It looks like there are now 3 timer periods, because HAK went before me, and I'm before Filon.

Oh, and this is likely to end up being a good long turn. I forgot to bring my external hard drive to work today which I was going to play my turn at lunch today. And since I have late-night beach volleyball right after work, I will either completely miss my turn :)() or just barely get home in time to play it before the timer runs out.

Which also bums me out since I didn't get a chance to queue up my unit. :(

Magno, do you want us to let you know when messages and information comes through in Spanish that still needs to have an English translation? There are messages that keep showing up in the apt emails that are in Spanish.

For example, the email I got today for the new turn had the following:

Doble turno ilegal
Doble turno ilegal
You have declared war on DaveShack!

I'm assuming those first two should read "Illegal Double Turn"? Though not sure why the message would be coming through anyway, since there hasn't been anything like that.

yeap! thanks. I had that one in mind, also the admin mail is stil in spanish. Be confortable to make me notice any other text still in spanish or without a propor translation.

About the Illegal move detected...
the log saids
12 DaveShack 25/06/12 06:16 Offline
12 DaveShack 25/06/12 06:15 End turn
12 DaveShack 25/06/12 06:11 Online
12 HitAnyKey 25/06/12 00:54 Offline
12 HitAnyKey 25/06/12 00:54 End turn
12 HitAnyKey 25/06/12 00:51 You have declared war on DaveShack!
12 HitAnyKey 25/06/12 00:49 Online
11 HitAnyKey 24/06/12 20:56 End turn
11 DaveShack 24/06/12 20:56 End turn

looks like HitAnyKey had made a double turn attack in its initial turn. Just for a few seconds! I mean, HitAnyKey gets out turn 11 by 20:56... but for seconds the portal take HitANyKey just after DaveShack logout...
so, when HitAnyKey login and declare war to Dave, well.. technically, its a double move.
But we can understand that logoffs at the same minute dont leave to much time to move units and take Dave by surprise.

EDIT: Oh, I just realized the notifications of the double turn isn't because I made a double turn. It's announcing that "someone" tried to log in when it wasn't their turn. So I guess it's just a general notification, and this one related to Filon trying to log in when it wasn't his turn?

Also, those same types of messages show up on the website in the event log. So those need to be translated too:

no, in fact... technically , its had been a double turn.. the portal get an advice so players and admincan check whats going on...
Take note of thats missing translations

yeap! thanks. I had that one in mind, also the admin mail is stil in spanish. Be confortable to make me notice any other text still in spanish or without a propor translation.

About the Illegal move detected...
the log saids
12 DaveShack 25/06/12 06:16 Offline
12 DaveShack 25/06/12 06:15 End turn
12 DaveShack 25/06/12 06:11 Online
12 HitAnyKey 25/06/12 00:54 Offline
12 HitAnyKey 25/06/12 00:54 End turn
12 HitAnyKey 25/06/12 00:51 You have declared war on DaveShack!
12 HitAnyKey 25/06/12 00:49 Online
11 HitAnyKey 24/06/12 20:56 End turn
11 DaveShack 24/06/12 20:56 End turn

looks like HitAnyKey had made a double turn attack in its initial turn. Just for a few seconds! I mean, HitAnyKey gets out turn 11 by 20:56... but for seconds the portal take HitANyKey just after DaveShack logout...
so, when HitAnyKey login and declare war to Dave, well.. technically, its a double move.
But we can understand that logoffs at the same minute dont leave to much time to move units and take Dave by surprise.

Also those three ending of the turns all happened at the same time because all three of us (Inky, DS, & I) missed that turn:

6/24/12 5:05 pm A new turn has begun. It is now 3280 BC
6/24/12 5:05 pm Filon Finished turn
6/24/12 4:58 pm Filon Logged in
6/24/12 4:56 pm HitAnyKey Finished turn
6/24/12 4:56 pm DaveShack Finished turn
6/24/12 4:56 pm inky13112 Finished turn
6/24/12 3:11 pm Filon Logged out
6/24/12 3:11 pm Filon Logged in
6/24/12 8:44 am Kloreep Logged out
6/24/12 8:44 am Kloreep Finished turn
6/24/12 8:42 am Kloreep Logged in
6/24/12 8:38 am Dratboy Logged out
6/24/12 8:38 am Dratboy Finished turn
6/24/12 8:30 am Dratboy Logged in
6/24/12 8:08 am Azza Logged out
6/24/12 8:08 am Azza Finished turn
6/24/12 8:08 am Azza Logged in
6/24/12 3:33 am 2metraninja Logged out
6/24/12 3:32 am 2metraninja Finished turn
6/24/12 3:31 am 2metraninja Logged in
6/24/12 1:21 am Dratboy Score increased to 65
6/24/12 1:21 am DaveShack Score increased to 65

So the program basically thinks I double-moved Dave because the game ended my turn after it ended his turn. And then in 3280BC I logged in before Dave, and that's when the war declaration happened.

So the program basically thinks I double-moved Dave because the game ended my turn after it ended his turn. And then in 3280BC I logged in before Dave, and that's when the war declaration happened.

yeap. fail!

I must update that to take care of this. Actually in a "normal" game it very unprobable you miss a turn just before you are going into a war :)

Top Bottom