Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is happening in Lion's Arch right now (not in the Overflow servers).
Spoiler :

No idea why this is happening, but the more water we dump on it the happier it seems to get?

Also Poland is converting its regions to Lutherinism, Baghdad included.

EDIT:

There are two live whales and one dead one. Each live one has people keeping it watered. The first whale I posted is named Willy, this one below is Jonah.
Spoiler :

Synchronized watering!
Spoiler :

More GW2 Scroonshots from the last few days.

The dead whale spawned in for me, finally.
Spoiler :

Stumbled upon a hidden jumping puzzle while exploring old Ascalon. It took awhile but we managed to get through it. Only liked a few times.
Spoiler :

Did a bit for of my personal story quest with the Order of Whispers, they have a cool HQ cave.
Spoiler :

Relaxing on the back of a whale.
Spoiler :

Until yesterday when Anet decided to push a 40 MB patch that broke a whole bunch of stuff just to fix dye drop rates.
Spoiler :

In revenge we used the Anet employee who showed up as a chair.
Spoiler :

For some reason the whales briefly show up when jumping off the diving board, WTF!?
Spoiler :

Tired of the beach we went caving. This game seriously needs a 1st person camera mode.
Spoiler :

After much trial and error we made it! Eventually. Also you can get inside the golems and drive them around!
Spoiler :

Bored again we checked out one of the recently added ships to the harbour and somehow ended up in a "fight" with some passerbies.
Spoiler :

It was bloody.
Spoiler :

COSTUME BRAAAAWL!
Spoiler :

After a long battle we captured their artillery!
Spoiler :

And then we all lived happily ever after.
Spoiler :

I wandered off to find dancing polar bears trying to summon Cthulu or something.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

One of them even sacrificed himself to appear as a ghost.
Spoiler :

Then they moved on to the Mystic Fountain to summon the Mad King Thorn.
Spoiler :

What's up with all those whales, anyhow?

Thanks to this thread I know there lots of good games out there.

What's up with all those whales, anyhow?

Well on November 15th there is a new content update called The Lost Shores which is supposedly Pirate/tropical coast themed (though most of the existing coastline already is tropical with pirate bandits and numerous monsters heh. Also Risen zombies, stupid risen.). The whales showed up on Friday with buckets to water them with, presumably they had been driven into the harbour by something scary to do with the update, bill boards also appeared in LA warning about flesh eating creatures and sea monsters.

They disappeared last night during a patch and that is really all we know, they may have just been the developers doing some kind of test that wasn't even related to the new content.

Is that out yet? Looks like a docking module, solar panels, everything required to build a proper space station!

I honestly have no idea how Poland managed to do that and is still holding on to most of it by 1540 (they lost a few regions in Iraq/Turkey). I ended up in a war with them at one point and they barely had 30,000 troops (of which only a few solitary units showed up to fight me, maybe 4,000 at the most). However, they are steadily converting their regions to Lutheranism still.

Alan Wake screenshots I forgot to upload a month ago.

What a wonderful place to drink all these thermoses of coffee I've found.
Spoiler :

My sign now!
Spoiler :

Another wonderful vista.
Spoiler :

Its like I am in some sort of horror story.
Spoiler :

Eat fire!
Spoiler :

Dammit Barry.
Spoiler :

Well at least I am not the only person going insane and struggling with issues here.
Spoiler :

I can't help but get a feeling of Deja Vu for this part.
Spoiler :

:lol:
Spoiler :

I knew this would be a trap.
Spoiler :

Such a beauti- DAMMIT MORE BIRDS.
Spoiler :

Guild Wars 2:

An Oasis of beauty.
Spoiler :

The Koda bears seem to have formed their own dancing guild.
Spoiler :

One of the prettiest villages in the game.
Spoiler :

Apparently we suck at diving.
Spoiler :

Giant dragon statues!
Spoiler :

This stupid kid was showing off how he can punch a Grall in the face and now wants to be rescued from being sacrifice. I think he deserves it honestly.
Spoiler :

Durmand Priory exterior.
Spoiler :

Its like the Rocky mountains!
Spoiler :

Awesome view.
Spoiler :

All it needs is more trees and it would feel exactly like BC.
Spoiler :

Vindictus :D

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v0joz.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

ok album embeds don't work, so have the traditional layout

Spoiler 1650x1080 :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Maybe another game I can coerce hobbs into buying :mischief:

Good old Box of Fun!
Spoiler :

Scaring away the RPers. I'm pretty sure they were all cybering anyway.
Spoiler :

The very impressive walls and north gate to the fortress of Ebon Hawke, although they lack actual gates/doors...
Spoiler :

MORTAR STRIKE!
Spoiler :

I have discovered the secret of levitation!
Spoiler :

Screw gravity!
Spoiler :
Image of gravity defying acts available only on my Steam account because CFC is run by pansies.

A fortress under siege.
Spoiler :

And not under siege.
Spoiler :

That's happened to me twice, and both times I've sent a pair rockets piloted by Jeb alone to pick up my Kerbonauts and bring them home.

Problem is, even with my modified lander, I'm still struggling to get back home. I can get to the Mun, land, take back off and head for Kerbin, but I don't have enough to finish the deal half the time. One 800-L fuel tank and the Poodle engine just doesn't cut it.

EDIT: And by 800, I meant 1,600 L. Dumb typos!

That's happened to me twice, and both times I've sent a pair rockets piloted by Jeb alone to pick up my Kerbonauts and bring them home.

Problem is, even with my modified lander, I'm still struggling to get back home. I can get to the Mun, land, take back off and head for Kerbin, but I don't have enough to finish the deal half the time. One 800-L fuel tank and the Poodle engine just doesn't cut it.

EDIT: And by 800, I meant 1,600 L. Dumb typos!

Yeah I've seen a really good Munar rescue on Youtube but I am not competent enough to try it yet. I also would like to know how to save the game manually so I can go back and retry something without having to launch another rocket and redo the whole darn thing.

On your lander:
Hmmm I would think a 1,600L would be enough (I use an 800L, but then again I ran out of fuel [though that was pilot error mostly] and I wasn't trying to do a rescue) but you could attach a tripod arrangement of 3 of the smaller fuel tanks to the side for the extra juice and maybe upgrade to the more powerful thrust vectored engine (though it might drain fuel too fast). You can also land on the tanks and thus do away with the landing gear and such.

How do you:
a)send up only one kerbal in a 3 seater?
b)get more than one kerbal to do an EVA? (Once the first one is out of the lander, the little picture of the other two goes away so I can't select EVA for them)

And yeah the puddle gets on my nerves. It's very fuel efficient but it's thrust is too damn low. I'd like something in between it and the next most powerful rockets. Though I've been contemplating switching to a trio of the nuclear engines in place of a single poodle.

Yeah I've seen a really good Munar rescue on Youtube but I am not competent enough to try it yet. I also would like to know how to save the game manually so I can go back and retry something without having to launch another rocket and redo the whole darn thing.

On your lander:
Hmmm I would think a 1,600L would be enough (I use an 800L, but then again I ran out of fuel [though that was pilot error mostly] and I wasn't trying to do a rescue) but you could attach a tripod arrangement of 3 of the smaller fuel tanks to the side for the extra juice and maybe upgrade to the more powerful thrust vectored engine (though it might drain fuel too fast). You can also land on the tanks and thus do away with the landing gear and such.

How do you:
a)send up only one kerbal in a 3 seater?
b)get more than one kerbal to do an EVA? (Once the first one is out of the lander, the little picture of the other two goes away so I can't select EVA for them)

And yeah the puddle gets on my nerves. It's very fuel efficient but it's thrust is too damn low. I'd like something in between it and the next most powerful rockets. Though I've been contemplating switching to a trio of the nuclear engines in place of a single poodle.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same things, I think the small diameter fuel tanks have 200 L and 400 L capacities, while the larger "oil drums" have 1,600 L and 3,200 L capacities. And to launch a single kerbal in a 3-pod, I do an EVA on the launchpad, have them jump off the rocket (using their jetpacks otherwise they die in the fall), and then end the flight. Then I go to the tracking station, select my rocket on the pad, and repeat so I only have one kerbal on my flight. Then I take off and hope nothing goes wrong.

Side problem I have in take-off: since I use the connecting struts to connect the nose cones of my first-stage booster rockets to the second-stage, my rocket always tumbles after I detach the lower stage. It's really annoying, but the system has enough give that I can take the tumble and re-orient the rocket before losing my chance to orbit. And there's enough extra fuel in the second stage that it doesn't affect my reserves for the Mun.

I used to use a 3,200 L for my lander, but I switched to a 1,600 L because the lander was too top-heavy and it fell easily. Now, I have a 1,600 L on my lander body, with a triplet of 1,000 L total tiny tanks attached with fuel lines around it. I also have a tripod of heavy landing gear attached to explosive bolts.

So my procedure is to get this contraption into near orbit with a two booster stages (I aim to get my periapsis or however it's spelled to around 45k, then I jettison the final booster, but they don't start slowing down in the upper atmosphere like they should, starting to get too much low-orbital space junk). Then, I use the 3k extra fuel to get into orbit, to the Mun, and then to de-orbit around the Mun. Usually, I'm vertical and starting to fall when the outside tanks are empty and they are jettisoned, crashing into the Mun and getting destroyed in the process.

After landing and messing around with the EVAs for a little bit, I start the take-off, and once I'm barely off the ground I jettison the landing gear to save weight on the return trip. Usually, at least one of the pieces survives, and it marks where I landed on the Mun. Until we have flags, I'm leaving my landing gear. My return pod consists of the module-parachute-decoupler for re-entry, and then an Advanced SAS, empty RCS w/ 4 thrusters, 1,600 L fuel tank, and a poodle engine.

I'm thinking about making a two-stage lander with a large number of tanks around the outside with tons of fuel and nuclear engines, landing gear, etc., and have it all attached to a decoupler that would serve as a moon base. A tiny pod could then separate from the base with a poodle and a 3,200 L tank for the return voyage.

EDIT: I'll try and get some pictures of this system when I'm not at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom