[BTS] MarnzMod

I agree with Geddon . . . Arma seems to have a nack for "getting it right". I often wonder what he does in "real life". He must be a bookie to call some many game play aspect correct !!!

If by bookie you mean taking a keen interest in geopolitics, warfare, geography and history, then you're probably right.

bmarnz!!! Where are you??? Please come back and perfect your wonderful mod!!!

*ahem*

Anyways, last night I got stuck in a game without any source of fuel later on (no coal or oil). I had been a peaceful and good neighbor, so I hadn't really expanded, and none of my neighbors had oil anyways. So, I got to thinking about a couple of things, like why can't you use the Natural Gas resource to fuel your Civ? You know, why can't you build tanks and trains that run on the stuff?

So, I get this brilliant idea to go into the XML files and start fiddling, and I eventually find the XML where it lists the resource prerequisites for railroads. Unfortunately, this folder isn't included in the mod, so I copy the file and put in an otherwise empty Misc folder in the Marnz Mod XML assets. I try to boot up the mod, and I get the reliable Windows "This program has encountered a problem and needs to be closed" message.

So I try copying the entire Misc folder into the Marnz Mod XML assets, and just modify the CIV4RouteInfos.xml file, and I get the same error.

Could someone who knows more about modding Civ4 please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

first sorry for my bad english

is in this mod the Bhruic-Patch inclusiv or an alternative bug fix of bts 3.13 ?

Even if Marnz may have abandoned this mod, it is still great!
The difficulty level stays challenging even after the age of the barbarian waves is over. Many nice goodies!

nice mod Im really feeling it, do you think you can make deadly bombarment? like in Civ3? I really miss this feature, Like bombers can actually kill land units and sink ships, and fighters sink ships or something like that, thanks

Hey there!

Loved this mod,
used to play it for a long time.
Unfortunately, I never saved it.

Please, oh please, you got to help me,
all links for download seem to be dead,
is there anybody who knows still working ones? :sad:

Hey there!
all links for download seem to be dead,
is there anybody who knows still working ones? :sad:

Same problem here, Filefront says "The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes." :cry:

Anybody have a link to the 1.8c version and the 1.8f patch? :sad:

Hi Marnz!

So Civ V has been released,
if you don't mind my saying,
I hate Civ V.

So if luck is on my side,
you beloved modmaster will soon be back!

I would bee deeply grateful,
if you could upload your Marnz-mega-mod once again,
only because I miss it.

tks. and please don't mind, I know my english is worse. : )

Oh man, I got my hopes up. I saw it on the recent list, and thought Marnz revived his mod... sadly, he didn't. I'm with the others in saying this was my favorite mod for Civ 4, by far. I loved the selection, how his civics were, everything. Hopefully he'll return someday, to make this mod even better.

I just checked my temple costs in game, 1.8f and they all cost the same, old and new.

Sword_o_G the file would be Buildinginfos in XML/Buildings

the line looks like this ,,

<iCost>80</iCost>
Hello..

we are 2 programmers and we would like to make some modifications on the latest version of CIV4 BTS (modification of the graphics with new visual effects)
we would like to realize a stand alone version with the mod: MarnzMod.
We are looking for MarnzMod v1.8 and patch v1.8f files.
(now we have only the 1.73)
Someone can help us!!
My email : mtg3[at]live[dot]fr
many Thanks

"There are times when it is good to listen to his fear and others where it is wiser to act as if it did not exist. "
George S. Patton

Hello everybody, lookink for MarnzMod Patch v1.8f

we are 2 programmers and we would like to make some modifications on the latest version of CIV4 BTS (modification of the graphics with new visual effects)
we would like to realize a stand alone version with the mod: MarnzMod.
We are looking for MarnzMod v1.8 and patch v1.8f files.
(now we have only the 1.73)
Someone can help us!!
My email : mtg3[at]live[dot]fr
many Thanks

"There are times when it is good to listen to his fear and others where it is wiser to act as if it did not exist. "
George S. Patton

For understanding problems due to the French I may help you
Just ask

Top Bottom