What is that violet-white civ on the mini map down there?

Unicornia is in the game without Pegasopolis or Dirtville Earth? Firaxis should be ashamed, this is an obvious insult to my people and to historical accuracy.

...it's a perfect match!

The Most Serene Unicornian Empire confirmed! Pro Civ indeed.

Unique Ability: Neeeeeiiiggghhhhhh - +1 :c5food: neeeeiiiiighhh +5 :c5culture::c5culture:!

Unique Unit: Neeiiiggggghhhhhhhhh - :c5unhappy:??? :c5happy:!!!

Unique Building: Neeeeeeiiiiiggggghhhhhhhh! - +1 :c5production: -1 :c5gold: neeiiiigghhhh??? :c5citizen::c5citizen::c5citizen:!!!!

to spacedinosaur just because he said it a bombshell civ does not mean it will be Venice fraixs could be using the violet and white civ , venice and the abc theory too throw us and the other civ forums way off they did say they read they the civ forums to make the civ they want or throw us off the mark completely.

to spacedinosaur just because he said it a bombshell civ does not mean it will be Venice fraixs could be using the violet and white civ , venice and the abc theory too throw us and the other civ forums way off they did say they read they the civ forums to make the civ they want or throw us off the mark completely.

It's the "most serene" comment he made, not the bombshell comment, although he does imply they're one in the same. I put it in this forum because we're speculating Venice for the purple and white civ already. Read the other forums, everyone seems to be in agreement that Venice is in, whether or not it's the purple civ is another discussion. :king:

It's the "most serene" comment he made, not the bombshell comment, although he does imply they're one in the same. I put it in this forum because we're speculating Venice for the purple and white civ already. Read the other forums, everyone seems to be in agreement that Venice is in, whether or not it's the purple civ is another discussion. :king:

Oh, so they're convinced it's Venice now. The 2k forums had actually ruled Venice out before I went over there a few days ago and explained the situation with the city states and colours.

Oh, so they're convinced it's Venice now. The 2k forums had actually ruled Venice out before I went over there a few days ago and explained the situation with the city states and colours.

Convince Populace: After this action is preformed 87% :c5citizen: of 2k Forums will believe in Venice.

The majority of 2k forums will believe in Venice.

Convince Populace: After this action is preformed 87% :c5citizen: of 2k Forums will believe in Venice.

The majority of 2k forums will believe in Venice.

The first religion I found in a game as Venice will be called Wikivenetianism in celebration (or Wikivenetian if that doesn't fit).

I'm imagining that Menzies will just be included as a Great Writer in the game.

When he creates his great work a screen will just pop up saying "I told you so..."

I'm imagining that Menzies will just be included as a Great Writer in the game.

When he creates his great work a screen will just pop up saying "I told you so..."

I think a Great Scientist would be more appropriate than a Great Writer or a Great Prophet. It began, after all, with a sound analysis of an existing trend.

You're correct on that. I remember your distaste in my adamant desires for Venice. Even if you still dislike it, at least you're seeing what I'm seeing. Thank you for your persistence in showing the facts despite your personal aversions to the concept in general. :king:

Menzies

could you provide the the link to that comment it would do much to dispel the venice theory.

could you provide the the link to that comment it would do much to dispel the venice theory.

I think you misread things here. It's not about dispelling it's about proving it. Menzies dislikes the idea of Venice but he's found enough evidence to convince himself it's in. The evidence is all circumstantial but the sheer volume of it is compelling. At a certain point it becomes the Arthur Conan Doyle truism "When you eliminate all other possibilities then the only thing left no matter how unlikely is the truth". I still think there is a remote chance it's something else but in all likelyhood it's Venice

1) The Venice change in the CS's (with Riga seemingly replacing it)
2) The colors from the wikipedia flag
3) The minimap indicating a coastal cultured civ
4) The fact we know a Euro is still to come.
5) The PC Gamer serene comment
6) The fact trade and culture are a big part of this expansion and Venice fits those criteria
7) The likelyhood from the achievement list that the remaining two are from Por to Zul in the alphabet
8) The fact most other viable Euro choices between Por to Zul have been eliminated due to CS's for them being seen.

I was convinced that Italy or Venice was in from Menzies initial CS analysis but at 80% likelyhood. I went to 90 with the colors. The PC Gamer comment took me to 99%. I hate the idea - I think Venice will just be too similar to a combo of the Dutch/Portugal and France down to the time period of whats being implemented but frankly hating the idea isn't going to change the fact that unless something totally unexpected occurs Venice is in. Get used to it.

the purple is Sioux, the euro, serene civ is San Marino, seriously

I think he meant the forum members of the 2K forum discounted the Venice theory, not that any official person from 2K discounted it. I'm not sure why I would trust 2K forum. Generally speaking, I find the people here to be far more informed and knowledgeable.

I think he meant the forum members of the 2K forum discounted the Venice theory, not that any official person from 2K discounted it. I'm not sure why I would trust 2K forum. Generally speaking, I find the people here to be far more informed and knowledgeable.

I think here people are more willing to stick their neck out and put their opinions out there. You get some robust debate here but the mods are good - they step in if it's going to far off topic or getting too fiery but otherwise leave people to express differing opinions. It's a good forum.

Top Bottom