Bug Reports

Not that options screen. The BUG Menu in game.

I've got no idea about the other stuff, as it all seems to work fine for me (I always play Start as Minors). What version are you using?
Oh, thanks. At least that's one problem solved. I'm using 0.9.9b. None of my other issues are game-breaking, but they are really annoying. It's disconcerting that I get these but no one else seems to. Maybe my computer's falling apart. :eek:

Whenever I play a game, I get this message

I can't see any alerts, I have to check the log to see what happened. Can you tell me why this happens and how can I fix it?

Also, how do I install Blue Marble for 0.9.9b, is it an option in the install?

I don't know what the problem with BUG is, but at install you'll be given the option to load with "Enhanced Graphics"; you'll have to reinstall if you want that option.

My units would change graphics depending on whether it's selected or not, for example, a garrisoned axeman looks like a warrior until selected, then it goes back to axe again.

Also, watermills show up on the wrong tiles.

Are these known issues or something's wrong with my install?

I'm using 0.9.9b

small problem with Adv Unit Naming.ini . . i have just loaded the LoR v0.9.9b (BtS 3.19) and i have a small problem with the Adv Unit Naming.ini file . . i get the error message: Bug Config failure parsing Unit Naming.xml at line 78 . . i have used this feature before and it was fine . . any suggestions?
thanks for any help . .

I have had a few instances where AI civ triremes and galleys seem to be able to cross ocean squares. One game I confirmed this -- Made sure the entire area around my continent was explored, and was absolutely certain there was no way for my galleys to reach another continent. Yet AI galleys somehow managed to reach me. A few other games I have suspected this was happening as well.

My units would change graphics depending on whether it's selected or not, for example, a garrisoned axeman looks like a warrior until selected, then it goes back to axe again.

Also, watermills show up on the wrong tiles.

Are these known issues or something's wrong with my install?

I'm using 0.9.9b

Do you have animations disabled in the graphics options?

Heya. Just returned to Civ 4 after a couple of years of Dragon Age obsession. I've run into something I've not been able to figure out but vaguely think I recall reading about in the past (and am having no luck finding in the forums for this or RevDCM core). I'm not sure it's a bug nor am I sure that I shouldn't be asking this in the RevDCM thread. I'm hoping someone can point me to whatever thread it is I'm thinking of where this was covered.

In a nutshell, when my civ demands a change in leadership, if I agree I don't always get the automated turns afterwards with the new temp leader. Sometimes the game just... proceeds as though nothing happened. I thought I remembered that this was a bug in previous versions of this mod or the core mod but I can't remember for certain. I was wondering if there's a reason for this or if it is a bug or if I should be asking elsewhere. This is early game so at most my available civics are usually Hereditary Rule and Slavery. Over the last week-ish, in three separate playthroughs, I've had the leader revolution work (i.e. go into automated turns for a bit) once and fail twice. Is this working how it's supposed to and I'm just missing something?

Am I actually making any sense explaining this?

Yep, it sounds like a bug in the RevDCM core

Thanks guys, had the situation explained to me over in the core thread and posted my current "sort of" workaround.

I'm aware of the founding religion bug for advanced starts. I've fixed it, and will release a final 1.0 release as soon as everything else is done.

Are there any other known bugs out there? I haven't found any.

I'm aware of the founding religion bug for advanced starts. I've fixed it, and will release a final 1.0 release as soon as everything else is done.

Great to see you're still around and working on the mod, Phungus :).

Sorry I've disappeared! Things were busy with having a girlfriend for two years and all... but... now that she cheated on me and that's over with, I have a bit more free time, haha.

I'm going to re-download this mod for sure when I'm not busy with school work, and I'll still contribute Civilopedia edits when I have the time (if any are still needed).

Great to see you back :)
This means your other "project" is/was a success? :mischief:

My friends and I have been playing an email game since September (7 months) at about a turn a day. We have found on two occasions issues with getting free techs. First when the oracle was built. The player who built it didn't get a free tech. Now I was the first to research liberalism, and it prompted me for a free tech. I selected the tech I wanted but it didn't give it to me.

I will attach my save game, but it is password protected, and I would rather not post my password on here. I can email it to you if you like. Just let me know the appropriate person to email the password to.

Attachments

• Revolutends_of_Legion_AD-1360_to_Chris.CivBeyondSwordSave
    586.9 KB · Views: 134
Wanted to post the details of some bugs I found in LOR.

1)Bug in base LOR that lets the herb event to occur more then once
2)Bug in RevDCM that caused barbarian minor civ settling to not scale properly with game speed
3)Bug in RevDCM that resulted in the happiness bonus from capturing cities not scaling
4)Bug in base LOR that resulted in New World barbarian civs sometimes not getting all the bonuses they should

Bug 1 is a simple XML error
<bRecurring>1</bRecurring>
This is set to 1 when it should be zero. I honestly think this bug might be my fault as the very first version of LOR tweaks played with this function it may have slipped into your code in error.

Bugs 2-3 are located in the following files in the following lines of code:
BarbarianCiv.py
if( game.getSorenRandNum( int(100*RevUtils.getGameSpeedMod()), 'BC: Settle minor') < odds ) :

Revolution.py
recentlyAcquired = (game.getGameTurn()-pCity.getGameTurnAcquired() < 12*RevUtils.getGameSpeedMod())

RevEvents.py
pCity.changeRevSuccessTimer( int(iTurns + RevUtils.getGameSpeedMod()*15) )
pCity.changeRevSuccessTimer( int(iTurns + RevUtils.getGameSpeedMod()*6) )

In cases the game speed modifier appears to be multiplied when it should have been divided. The result is that on for slow game speeds barbarian cities are overly likely to turn into a minor civ and the temporal happiness bonus on city capture is significantly reduced.
getGameSpeedMod returns 2 for a quick game, 1 for an epic game, and 0.5 for a marathon game.

Bug 4 had something to do with this trigger in BarbarianCiv.py
if( (not bNewWorldScenario) or (self.iNewWorldPolicy == 0) or (self.iNewWorldBonuses > 1) ) :
which was not working in all situations. I never fully pinned this one down as I ended up rewriting portions of
#phungus420 New World Logic for LOR tweaks and then the problem went away

I don't see why the Herb event should not occur several times. It's not unrealistic, and it's not as if +4 Health was a game-breaker. Furthermore, the price you have to pay for it can be horrendous in terms of unhappiness.

I am 99% sure the only reason it can occur more then once now is that I set this variable to 1 instead of 0 in LOR tweaks version 1.0 as a test and forgot to change it back. I think my code snuck its way into the the official version probably when phungus was checking it out as I am certain this event used to only occur once in LOR.

Its not gamebreaking for sure. But its definitly an error.

Actually, I had the "double herb event" several times, and yet I never used your tweaked version of LoR (my LoR installation is several years old). So, I think it's either in the original LoR code, or even in BTS.

Top Bottom