Beyond the Monument Episode 20 - Entering the Brave New World! (discussion thread)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the hotel, airport, and NVC provide a total 350% tourism increase? Say you start out with 10 tourism in a city, then build a hotel. Now it's got 15 tourism. Add the airport and 50% of that, and you're at 22.5. Then the NVC doubles that to 45. (45-10)/10*100=350%

Of course, I don't know if it actually stacks, in which case please disregard everything I just said.

My biggest reaction (watching the youtube) Seeing the Iron icon next to the Bronzeworking!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the hotel, airport, and NVC provide a total 350% tourism increase? Say you start out with 10 tourism in a city, then build a hotel. Now it's got 15 tourism. Add the airport and 50% of that, and you're at 22.5. Then the NVC doubles that to 45. (45-10)/10*100=350%

Of course, I don't know if it actually stacks, in which case please disregard everything I just said.

I haven't checked, but at the guess those are added, not multiplied. So, with two bonuses that each gives 50%, the result will be a 100% increase, not a 125% increase (20 at the end, not 22.5). With another 100%, it goes to a 200% increase, not 350% (30 at the end, not 45).

My biggest reaction (watching the youtube) Seeing the Iron icon next to the Bronzeworking!

Yeah, just when we thought there is nothing new to find out. Exciting!

I haven't checked, but at the guess those are added, not multiplied. So, with two bonuses that each gives 50%, the result will be a 100% increase, not a 125% increase (20 at the end, not 22.5). With another 100%, it goes to a 200% increase, not 350% (30 at the end, not 45).

Yeah, just when we thought there is nothing new to find out. Exciting!

You are correct, just had time to watch the stream and MadDjinn said the it's the sum of the bonuses, indicating it would be a 200% increase.

Thanks for the stream MadDjinn, it was quite enjoy to watch.

Is it just me or do we still not know the full rationalism tree in BNW?
I think only thing that has changed is Humanism, which now gives a bonus to Great Scientist spawning instead of the Happiness, which is now a tenet in ... Freedom? I don't recall. Anyway, I think the other parts remained the same. Oh yes, opener is cut down to +10 % science when happy I think, and they shuffled Humanism down to the bottom so that you couldn't do the semi-abuse of postponing Sovereignty until you needed those free techs. Also think you only get one free tech from finishing (was that an old change?).

Makes me wonder if that is the last "big" thing unraveled or if there is something else that managed to slip between the cracks

I don't know if it has been revealed already but I was pleasantly surprised that Patronage and Aesthetics trees are available in the classical era instead of medieval.

That's quite a huge change actually and Madjinn didn't even mention it at all. ;)
For example, you can open Patronage at Optics now, probably as your 2nd policy or so. Or Aesthetics at Drama and Poetry and spam Amphitheatres at a discount.

So you can completely neglect the first four trees. We'll see if that's useful but it certainly gives us a lot of possible openings. Awesome. :)
I certainly know what I'm going to try with Siam/Greece/Sweden.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the video, of course. ^^

yea sometimes I skip ancient policy trees so this is nice.

Madjinn also tried hard to not show the Patronage policies. :lol:
I mean, if the free 20 influence on CSs is still part of Patronage, you can get to friendship status extremely early (pick as 3rd policy!!!). Especially with Siam, that sounds pretty overpowered. It's already amazing in GnK despite the fact that it's available much much later.

Edit: It is ... not sure if it's still Tier 1 though.
Patronage
Consulates: Resting point for Influence with all City-States is increased by 20.

This was good.

Does the library remain at 1 science per 2 population or is it 1 science per 1 population as was hinted earlier with Assyria?

With airports, it said allows airlifts to and from this city. Does anyone know what this means? Is it just like describing the characteristics of an airport?

Watching now!

Did anything come up in this about the costs of social policies (as in, are they still the same as before)?

With airports, it said allows airlifts to and from this city. Does anyone know what this means? Is it just like describing the characteristics of an airport?
It means you can transport units to another city. They said in a quite early interview that you could Airlift up to 5 units from a city in a turn. We still don't know if you also need an Airport in target city, or if only departing city needs to have one.

Top Bottom