Votes: 5 1.7%
  • International Space Station

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Motherland Calls being cancelled

Votes: 186 64.8%

• Total voters

Botswana

Chieftain
I like some of the new wonders, but others, like Prora, are rather disappointing because they could have been replaced with something much better.

Borobodur for its bland and uninteresting effect.

As for real word worthines, I guess nobody will argue in favour of Prora, it's clearly the odd one out.

I would have liked a last option on that poll: the general distribution of the wonders.

Prora's easily the worst wonder in the game, but I voted for Motherland Calls being cancelled.

Seriously, what was Firaxis thinking with Prora? "We need a wonder that's related to nazis!" "But... well, the nazis didn't make any won-" "Just find me something nazi related that doesn't involve death camps or Hitler directly."

yea why did they take out Motherland Calls it is a cool statue.

What is the point of this except to become a cesspool of negativity? Why make a thread that makes people feel bad for no reason?

I mean nobody has played this game yet! Let's be happy and positive and anticipate things! If it's disappointing, we'll be disappointed. Oh, well, life goes on. But this is... irritating!

Ahem. :whew:

do you ever describe someone as "fanatical" and that person focus on positive? I don't think so. It is the job of this community to let the devs know what they need to work on. I'm not mad at them but it would be nice to know their process of making the game. In the end all of us here want the game to be better. With your attitude we would still be stuck at Civ5 vanilla.

Definitely Prora. No idea why Motherland Calls was cancelled but it was better than a half-built Nazi resort. I mean, why is it even a wonder?

Definitely Prora. No idea why Motherland Calls was cancelled but it was better than a half-built Nazi resort. I mean, why is it even a wonder?

It's... a preserved heritage site, I guess. But even then it's only because it serves as an example of nazi architecture. Which is to say that it looks really, really boring, bland, and completely unoriginal.

By nazi architecture, I mean what they actually built. Not the more grecoroman stuff they wanted.

Still. It's not a "wonder." It's exactly as you described it, a half-built resort, and it's only in here because the nazis made it. ...which is hilarious, given Civ4's WW2 scenario. Nazis didn't exist back then, just Von Papen. Who I'm assuming was also responsible for Prora.

do you ever describe someone as "fanatical" and that person focus on positive? I don't think so. It is the job of this community to let the devs know what they need to work on. I'm not mad at them but it would be nice to know their process of making the game. In the end all of us here want the game to be better. With your attitude we would still be stuck at Civ5 vanilla.

That's a wonderful argument for fan communities critiquing a game to make it better and I support it entirely. I'm having trouble seeing what its application to a poll about what wonder sucks in a game we haven't played is.

EDIT: This isn't very important and I don't want to derail the thread or anything so I hope I didn't tick anyone off. :)

Where do we have confirmation that Motherland Calls was taken out?

If they wanted to include a wonder linked with Nazi ideology they should have gone with the Autobahn. Prora is in no way, shape, or form a wonder.

I suppose they needed an Autocracy wonder- but why not the Palazzo Della Civilta Italiana? Not Prora...

Still, it doesn't really matter. Game still looks awesome.

They need to bring back Motherland Calls in some future DLC or something, the same way the Civil War scenario got canned and came back in BNW. I would love to see the 3D model in the world, such a glorious monument.

When I think of wonders I think of buildings which are striking in scale and majesty, and by those scales Prora is definitely the worst.

But apart from that I'd say Broadway. It's pretty big and cool, but it's a modern building and today's world it does not stand out. I think I'll vote Broadway 'cause I bet the vast majority of people voted Prora.

I dislike Prora, but there's no way it's going to be taken out after all of the voice files, music files, and art for it in-game are already finished. But yeah I would've preferred Motherland Calls

Shoot, I voted before seeing the Motherland Calls option. I was excited for it once I learned a bit about it. It would have looked good too.

I would have voted for the kremlin (being exclusive to ORDER? Stupid. It's new ability? Nonsensical to what it is. When it was built to when it is now unlocked? Preposterous.) however seeing as how that isn't an option, the removal of motherland calls, as that is likely the reason for its moving. Prora is a very dumb idea, but...

Top Bottom