Bug reports and technical issues

First of all, welcome.

It sounds like your mod folder is called RFC Dawn of Civilization v1.10, which is definitely not right. Does this folder maybe contain another folder called RFC Dawn of Civilization? If so, move that folder into your Mods folder and delete the other one. If not, just rename the other one to RFC Dawn of Civilization.

Well, I actually have two rfc dawn of civilization folders in my mods folder. Is there a way I can show you what the folder looks like (a screenshot or something)?

And yes, this v1.10 folder contains another folder, and then it has a BAK file and then something else.

The other folder in the mods folder that is just called RFC Dawn of Civilization has a lot of stuff in it, too.

Also, it brings me to the loading page and everything, and it has RFC Dawn of Civilization v1.10 in the upper right hand corner.

My mod folder is just called MODS.

here's a bunch of images that I have about the mod:

http://winslot.imgur.com/all/

Put your folder in the Beyond the Sword Mods in Program Files. From documents you can still play it, but the scenario files must be loaded directly by double clicking on them.

I do have bts patched up... right now I'm on the chat room, and it turns out I was putting it in the wrong area (i had it in my games). But now, I'm having problems extracting it. Here are some images of what I've been doing:

http://winslot.imgur.com/all/

You should click "play a scenario", not "bts content". That is, if I understood what you're doing correctly.

Thank you everyone for your help; as I said before, I didn't download the game correctly (I put it in the "my games" section), but then I also had help in the chat room, and I successfully moved it to the program files and everything. So, everything is okay now :D

Related bug perhaps, but neither I nor the AI civs could build the Great Cothon in my game last night.

I was actually looking up the civilopedia because I couldn't remember if there were any special conditions like access to a river. Apparently not though.

Speaking of which, Leoreth could you please add civilopedia text to the various wonders which do have terrain requirements? Statue of Liberty cannot be built away from water, but this isn't mentioned in the civilopedia file for instance. I believe there may be others also, but can't recall them just at the moment.

Mine in Chicago begs to differ.

I just posted in the [OMG! Look what happened] thread showing a super-India with all modern and future techs from the 3000 BC scenario. Is there a known cause for this?

In my current brazillian marathon game I've noticed a few bugs

*First I have a couple of things that I'm not sure if it's a bug.

-Suleiman is crazy for crabs, once he offered me 8GPT and 1 marble for just 1 crab*
-Something very silly here , when I met Oda Nubonaga he wasn't annoyed or wouldn't trade anything, I even traded Open Borders with him , a thing that I've only achieved being friendly*
Spoiler :

-I think it was supposed to be Stalin but a couple of turns later he appeared*
Spoiler :

-I know that Leoreth has implemented a feature that allows you to build harbors on cities with access to a lake , but building galleons ?
Spoiler :

-I know this bug has been noticed before , I haven't lost any cities , only conquered 2 and razed 1
Spoiler :

-No Carthage , Ethiopia , Byzantium or Moors , and yet
Spoiler :

-This one I don't have any screenshots , but when Ethiopia Re-spawned(I had Gondar and using Imperialism , just for the record) they had the initial civics , like tyranism , direct rule , tribalism etc, but they did have the right techs for the time

Re. Nicholas II: that's intentional, I think Stalin only appears after 1917 or 1923.

I just posted in the [OMG! Look what happened] thread showing a super-India with all modern and future techs from the 3000 BC scenario. Is there a known cause for this?
All the reports have been from autoplay, it would be great if people could play a game in vicinity to India (Persia, for instance), and report when they suddenly become advanced.

All the reports have been from autoplay, it would be great if people could play a game in vicinity to India (Persia, for instance), and report when they suddenly become advanced.

It isn't a sudden occurrence - AI India just has a disproportionately high tech rate. In a Phoenician game of mine, they founded Catholicism shortly after the Persian spawn, and discovered Liberalism around the same time as the Roman spawn.

I have loaded about a dozen Phoenician starts and played them to a bit after the Roman spawn to see India go nuts myself, but haven't been able to confirm yet. However, I've found something else strange happening to India: usually they'll be researching Iron Working when Phoenicia spawns, with a bunch of turns left. But when they reach the final turn of researching it and I pass the turn, instead of completing Iron Working they're suddenly only halfway done researching it and suddenly have 6 or 7 turns left before they get it.

It isn't a sudden occurrence - AI India just has a disproportionately high tech rate. In a Phoenician game of mine, they founded Catholicism shortly after the Persian spawn, and discovered Liberalism around the same time as the Roman spawn.
This is even more unexplainable.

Top Bottom