The Motherland Calls

orikos

Praetorian from Orikosia
Hello

I have the new expansion. I saw in the forum some days after the announcement of BNW a picture of the motherland calls. I also saw the motherland calls in the wonders list in "What we know about BNW". But now, when I have the expansion, I don't see it.
Does anyone know why?

It was removed from the game for reasons unknown. Quite sad really, I thought it was the perfect order wonder and an interesting addition.

OK, thank you.

You should keep advertising that in the hopes that Firaxis gets sued :rolleyes:

Huh. I thought it was EU-wide.

I'm sure 2K/Firaxis legal were sufficiently confident, however.

Copyright on a Soviet monument? Is it just me or is that painfully ironic. I realize that with regime change and the fall of the USSR, things like this can happen, but still.

Copyright on a Soviet monument? Is it just me or is that painfully ironic. I realize that with regime change and the fall of the USSR, things like this can happen, but still.

Yeah that is EXTREMELY ironic... Oh how things have changed... lol...

So what's your point? That they should go ahead and add Motherland Calls because they could already be sued for something?

My point is that since Firaxis had already broken many copyright laws (and got away with them), they should add the Motherland Calls, as it is better to represent Order than the Kremlin.

That's a shame. The Motherland Calls was one of the, if not the, top things I was really looking forward to in Brave New World.

I remember in the most recent Red Alert game, the mission in Volgograd/Stalingrad centers around an impressive monolithic monument that is obviously supposed to be The Motherland Calls, but in that game (given, it's an alternate history -- but what is Civ but a ton of alternate histories playing out) it's just called the "Mother Russia" monument and the figure holds a hammer and sickle instead of a sword:

(screenshot/angle isn't the best, but you can really tell in the actual game): http://guides.gamepressure.com/commandandconquerredalert3/gfx/word/780886593.jpg

If this worked for EA, (and Red Alert is somewhat popular in Russia), I don't see why Firaxis couldn't get away with something very similar. Maybe using a generic name for the Wonder like "Great Patriotic War Memorial" or something. Personally, I'd still be very happy with some kind of creative take on this by the Firaxis team, if it meant the wonder could be in the game. (There's still hope -- Maybe in a future patch someday?)

By the way, did we ever find out what the wonder specifically did?

Top Bottom