DLCs

Not too long ago, someone found 2 DLCs on the Steam website that weren't avaible and had names for each one. Can someone please provide the link?

I hope this isn't true. DLC has inevitably hurt Firaxis in the long run, because now they're forced to release secondary civs in expansions because all of the obvious ones that didn't ship with vanilla got set as DLC. DLC never actually improved the game, unlike expansion packs, and I hope that Firaxis isn't running low on civs to implement.

I hope this isn't true. DLC has inevitably hurt Firaxis in the long run, because now they're forced to release secondary civs in expansions because all of the obvious ones that didn't ship with vanilla got set as DLC. DLC never actually improved the game, unlike expansion packs, and I hope that Firaxis isn't running low on civs to implement.

I'm pretty much positive that the DLC is real. We discovered Brave New World - known at the time as One World, which was confirmed by the devs on PolyCast - through the Steam database, as well. Sure, I'd generally rather have balance changes and new mechanics, but CiV is almost at a finished point now; there isn't a lot of new mechanics that could be added without adding meaningless complexity. Now that the game is virtually finished, DLC makes a lot more sense.

With that said, here's the link: http://steamdb.info/app/8930/#section_depots. Looks like we're getting new civs ("Nations," which I would bet is Canada/maybe Australia/others) and new maps.

Well lets hope, that they at least give the folk a scenario as well, when releasing no game core related stuff like new civs.

Edit and thanks for the link, well i wannt to know why there are two unknown files:=)

Not too long ago, someone found 2 DLCs on the Steam website that weren't avaible and had names for each one. Can someone please provide the link?

http://steamdb.info/app/8930/#section_depots

"Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents (235584) Depot" and "Changing Worlds Map Pack: Nations (235585) Depot." They also have Mac versions of both.

I can't wait to see what they are, but I hope they aren't more Civs. I think there are plenty of civs already. I'd like all the vanilla scenarios updated to BNW or G&K mechanics. Or a scenario that uses the units from the end of the tech tree which are rarely seen: giant death robot, xcom, stealth bomber, etc.

The dlcs don't really get talked about because we don't know anything about them other than their names. I assume that they'll probably be released to coincide with the Fall Patch.

About the issue with the DLCs.

The primary issue why it was so widely notorious wasn't because it was "DLC".. but because people actually believed it replaced the expansion packs, as God and Kings wasn't even known back then, and we had about 8 new civs released along with 3 new wonders and 2 map packs.

I don't personally mind them, they're cheap, they're what... $5? $10 for a double pack? It's not that bad, (compared to say.. Sims 3 stuff they charge $20/30 for a city).

I personally think that because of the DLC Civ 5 has seen the largest unique number of civilizations, not only do we have THE MOST civs ever (43 if I recall correctly), but more or less they are super unique, I mean
we have Assyria, Brazil, Indonesia, Polynesia, Austria, Sweden etc. First time they've ever been a full fledged civilization. So I'm excited to see what they come up with.

I'm hoping for new civs like the Ainu, Veitnamese or Harappans, but I would simply prefer they accommodate game-changing expansions that improve the game in general than on their own as single civs.

...I think the DLCs are just map packs (no Civs, no scenarios, no nothing interesting). Dull, but probably true. My hunch is that the "Continents" one will be some more generic map scripts, while the "Nations" one will likely be some actual semi-accurate maps of specific regions.

More civs!!

I don't care much for the scenarios (although they are good ideas for DLC), but $2-5 for a new civ is a pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned.

The game definitely needs Canada though, mounties replacing cavalry and some sort of happiness UA (since their people are so damn happy and polite) :D

Canada is already in the game. They are called England who actually had an empire consisting of, well Canada.

(since their people are so damn happy and polite) :D

So how about that Toronto mayor, huh? :lol:

Canada's a pretty bad pick, historically they've been little more than the lapdog of either the Queen or the President. Same issue with Mexico, really, though at least Mexico has its own national identity. Canada just prides itself on being Nice America.

I'd rather see some real movers and shakers that are still excluded, like Vietnam.

While I think it's likely these are map packs, I'm going to hold on hope that it's new civs. Personally, I'm for Canada and Vietnam but that's just my personal wants and there are lots of viable and interesting picks!
In any case I'll end up buying the thing because I'm a sucker for additions to this game :mischief:

I've never been against DLCs.

If anything, anything new gets me re-interested in Civ. For example, I haven't played civ in months because I got bored of it (always happens) but whenever they release a fall patch or an expansion or a DLC that resparks my interests for a good few months again

IMO Canada or Australia are both great picks for new civs. Not because they're historical empires but because it's conceivable that they could have been, just like Brazil.

http://steamdb.info/app/8930/#section_depots

"Changing Worlds Map Pack: Continents (235584) Depot" and "Changing Worlds Map Pack: Nations (235585) Depot."
Maybe they would add a modern Civ.
My bets:

1. Civilization: Vietnam
Scenario 1: Vietnam War?and the Spread of Ideology (you know the Communism vs. Capitalism)
Scenario 2: Colonization of the East Indies/ South East Asia (I hope this one :D)

2. Civilization: Australia
Scenario: Maybe Conquest of the New World or Scramble for Africa like Scenario, The Colonization of Australia.

3. Civilization: Canada
Scenario: if it is Canada, what would be the Scenario? Any Idea?

4: Civilization: Israel, this would be record breaking :eek:
Scenario: Arab-Israel Conflict? :eek:

'd like all the vanilla scenarios updated to BNW or G&K mechanics.
:agree::agree::agree:
especially the Conquest of New World Scenario, i want the Dutch and the Portuguese and maybe the Swedes.
P.S. adding the trade route and Religion would be interesting too :)

IMO Canada or Australia are both great picks for new civs. Not because they're historical empires but because it's conceivable that they could have been, just like Brazil.

I think that from North America, Mexico would be a better choice. They were an independent nation much longer that Canada, with their own history and specific culture. I would rather go for Aborigines than Australia. For some other choices I would go Serbia (my country :mischief:, put them in Firaxis :mad:, if Paradox could in EU IV so can you), Hungary, Gran Colombia, maybe some older EU civs, like Goths, Normans, Saxons. Hittites and of course Sumer, why they aren't here as a full civ, the mother of all civs isn't in a civ game, besides they got uplifted by aliens... oooops:mischief:

I've never been against DLCs. If anything, anything new gets me re-interested in Civ.

And even if the DLCs don't contain anything that particularly interests you, they are still a good thing, because they keep Firaxis interested in the game as it's a source of revenue. Along with the DLC development they keep fixing bugs so you can consider the DLC cost as payment for that activity.

I don't think they would keep working on the game very long if it was only bug fixing and patches they did without no financial incentive. As long as the DLCs cover the costs reasonably well they can continue having developers working on it.

DLC's would be ok at this point. Chances of more expansions are slim (much as I would like one), so extra civs and perhaps minor features are welcome.

Top Bottom