Civilization V Funny screenshots

How did this galley manage to come in blue ocean? Did you capture it wiht a privateer? That happens with Polynesian triremes/galleasses.

As far as I know, only barbarians produce galleys. Yes, I captured it with a privateer. The thing was raiding my transcontinental trade route. After capture, it could not move anywhere so I had to disband it.

I wonder how the barbarian galley got into deep ocean. It could not have been caused by a mod glitch, because I played without mods.

I think this screenshot speaks for itself.

Spoiler :

Brilliant.

This is how my brother controls a civilization without taking the last city to avoid warmonger status. Pretty nice ! No one can enter neither leave the city without permission !

Note that the city limits can grow through the territory but if the civ makes any trouble, he will be wipped out in the blink of an eye! !

Spoiler :

Looks cool :D but to be honest this is horrible waste of great generals :l Not even a single citadel is truly necessary here...

As far as I know, only barbarians produce galleys. Yes, I captured it with a privateer. The thing was raiding my transcontinental trade route. After capture, it could not move anywhere so I had to disband it.

I wonder how the barbarian galley got into deep ocean. It could not have been caused by a mod glitch, because I played without mods.

I saw something similar in a recent game, with no mods, where Montezuma had an ironclad just sitting out in ocean tiles, about 3 or 4 hexes south of Monty's southernmost borders. :confused:

This is how my brother controls a civilization without taking the last city to avoid warmonger status. Pretty nice ! No one can enter neither leave the city without permission !

Note that the city limits can grow through the territory but if the civ makes any trouble, he will be wipped out in the blink of an eye! !

Spoiler :

I wonder how you were able to build a citadel next to the city.

Witness beautiful Venetian architecture, where mostly the placement of our buildings is truly a marvel to the world.

Spoiler :

Buildings outside the walls? Child's play. What about the Mayan tradition of building walls outside the buildings?
Spoiler :

Just when you thought Alex couldn't get any more jerkish...
Spoiler :

I thought it was about the light house and harbor being on the lake instead of the sea? :p

Yup. The Lighthouse, Harbor AND Collossus all on the 1-tile lake instead on the sea, to be precise. The walls don't even matter in my shot.

Yup. The Lighthouse, Harbor AND Collossus all on the 1-tile lake instead on the sea, to be precise. The walls don't even matter in my shot.

When I have a coastal city near a lake, all the sea-related building appear on the lake shore everytime :(

I wonder how you were able to build a citadel next to the city.

I suppose he was (or he still) at war in with Kamehameha, in this case, any unit produced in the city will die very soon.

Ironclad can enter in ocean tiles. It has double movement on coastal tiles.

Since G&K, in vanilla they were restricted to coast tiles, wich made them almost useless.

I suppose he was (or he still) at war in with Kamehameha, in this case, any unit produced in the city will die very soon.

That's true, I tried building a citadel next to a city once and failed. I even had other citadels built to make the citadel next to my border and next to the target city. When I put the GG next to the city, the citadel button wouldn't turn on.

The GG has to be in a tile immediately adjacent to your culture borders, but it should work. And if you use the GG next to a city, it cannot claim the city tile itself.

Senshidenshi one question - how do you have 695 happiness required to the next golden age?? I thought it goes 500 -> 750 (and currently there are no modifiers to that...)

Top Bottom